Names

Valkyrie_Cain22 I love you Bub Xx

The academy was bright and full of schoolchildren. Bella, or Tara as she was now known, flinched as one brushed past her. She stepped closer to Karma and together they walked through the yard. They were looking for a job seeing as Tara had gotten them both fired from the Irish Sanctuary by accidentally setting fire to Madame Mist's Elder Robes, and Ghastly Bespoke's office. Skulduggery and Valkyrie hadn't been too happy about that. Now they needed a way to pay off their apartment, and getting a job at the school seemed like the best option.

"Why do you hate kids so much?" Karma asked as she saw Tara move away from the children again.

"Have a guess," Tara replied, moving to the side to dodge one.

"Okay, it's because they're small isn't it?"

"They are little ninjas of death!"

Karma laughed. "They're not that bad. Here, look."

She reached out to touch one of the kids and the little shit almost bit her hand off. Tara snickered and Karma glared.

"Not funny," she muttered.

"It kinda is."

Karma scowled and sighed. "Never mind. Let's just go inside before I kill one of them," she said and Tara followed her into the reception, trying hard not to laugh again.

She stood next to Karma and the lady looked up at them with her eyebrows raised. The name on her badge read,
'Mrs Renee' Fitzgerald.'

"Can I help you?" Renee' asked.

"Yes you can," Karma replied, taking charge. Tara rolled her eyes and smiled. "We're looking for jobs actually."

Renee' narrowed her eyes and stared at the two for a minute, and Tara was so tempted to click her fingers and make a spark appear, just to show that she wasn't lower than this bitch, but she reluctantly held herself back.

"What are your names?" She asked. Tara froze. No way they could tell her their taken names, she'd think they were complete weirdos.

"Bella," Tara said, catching Renee's attention.

"Bella who?"

"Uh..." She couldn't say Pleasant, no way could she say that, or Cain for that matter. "Howell," she decided. "Bella Howell."

Karma shot her a look and Tara cringed. That was her last name. Crap. Renee' nodded and looked at Karma.

"And what about you green eyes? What's your name?"

Karma's jaw clenched at the name. This woman was very rude.

"Addison," she said. "Addison Landy. But everyone just calls me Addi."

"Right Addi," Renee' said. "Bella. What are your real names?"

Tara and Karma looked at each other in shock.

"Uh... Those are our real names," Tara tried. Renee' leaned over the desk and whispered, even though there was no one else in the office.

"You are liars," she snarled. "You are Isabella Pleasant and Addison Howell, also known as Tara Pyro and Karma Snow. Do I look stupid to you?"

Tara was about to retort when Karma spoke up.

"How do you know about us?" She asked.

Renee' smirked. "Now you girls are stupid."

Then her veins protruded from her neck and her lips turned black. Tara and Karma froze. Remnant.

"SHIT!" Tara swore, and grabbed Karma, pulling her towards the door. They smashed through the glass, shards raining down on them while children screamed. Tara felt the Remnant flying around her head and shrieking in her ear. She swatted it away and sprinted with Karma.

When they got away from the school, and stood there puffing, Karma spoke.

"Call your dad," she said. "We need the Sanctuary in on this."

Tara nodded, and pulled out her phone to call Skulduggery.

**********

When everything had been cleared up and the school was back to normal, Karma and Tara apologised for destroying part of the Sanctuary.

"What you have done today had proven that you two are ready to be forgiven," Ravel said. "You are both rehired."

Karma and Tara smiled at one another. They had saved the day....

Again.