A Dead Soul (Part 6)

You might want to read the last line of the last part just so this first line makes sense! ;)

...and came straight back out again. Valkyrie stared at Synecdoche.

"I'm sorry," she said. Tanith stared.

"Aren't you going to kill me?" Valkyrie whispered. Synecdoche shook her head.

"Live Valkyrie. Even though Skulduggery is gone, you can still live your life without being depressed."

"But I want to die!" She screamed.

"Then let your death come to you on your own terms."

Valkyrie froze. That was something that he had said. No...
"Please..."

"My answer's no Valkyrie."
Valkyrie sagged and Tanith walked out of the room.

When Synecdoche left her and walked out after Tanith, Valkyrie stood up, and ripped the needles and tubes out of her body. She almost screamed in frustration.

She would have to live with the memory of their last moments together. His hat on her head, and her shouting at him to stop. But being that stubborn skeleton he was he wouldn't listen.

Now, she would have to live without him, with the painful memories of them being together, fighting, bickering. They hadn't had a 'normal' relationship. They'd teased each other, they'd play hit each other, they'd called each other names. But underneath all that, anyone could see how much they cared. Because if you listened closely to every joking, 'shut up,' there was an 'I love you' behind it.

And that was something that nobody could take away from Valkyrie. She breathed in. She would have to live with the thought of him, not being here to support her anymore. Unless...

She sprinted out the door before anyone could stop her, and through the hallways of the Sanctuary. She burst out into the sunshine. Curse the brightness. She had no idea where her parents were. But she wasn't about to turn around now. Not when she was so close to getting what she wanted...

She ran towards Haggard, and the cliff where Mr Bliss had betrayed them for the first time. She came to a stop, sending stray rocks down into the sea. There were big ones down there. Big rocks that would shatter her bones and mangle her up.

"I love you so much," she whispered; partly to her parents and Alice, partly to him. She took a deep breath, possibly being the last one she ever took, looked down at the surging waves where the sea churned on the rocks. Those rocks, she hoped would be enough, but she wasn't going to make the same mistake again like she did with jumping out the window. She backed up away from the edge, sucked in her last breath, ran towards the edge of the cliff...

And jumped...

Well then.... It's over 😦