A Fighting Spirit (Part 1)

So guys I am moving this short story into my one shots and deleting it from my account. Enjoy.

*********

Torture:

The man watched intently as Serpine strode around him, inspecting his handiwork. The shackles that bound the man's magic were tied tightly, and left a gaping, empty hole feeling in his stomach. No magic. He hated that familiar feeling. Maybe he should stop getting captured all the time.

"So Skulduggery, what was it this time? Couldn't stay away from my breathtaking beauty?" Serpine snickered. Skulduggery Pleasant raised his eyebrows.

"You're a hairless gopher Nefarian, and hairless things aren't usually beautiful."

Serpine's smirk disappeared, and he glared at his prisoner.

"I have no interest in listening to you goad Skulduggery. There are more important things that I must see through."

"What? Like inventing a new potion that makes hair grow? I think you may need that."

Serpine's face went red with anger, and he leaned in front of his prisoner.

"Stop talking."

He straightened up. Skulduggery looked at him with emerald green eyes.

"I have been, busy, these last few days," Serpine started.

"With what? Waxing your bald head?"

Serpine glared.

"I said stop talking!" He yelled.

His face showed that he was infuriated, and his rage was threatening to spill over. He turned around and Skulduggery raised an eyebrow as Serpine counted slowly to ten, and turned back around, a grin spread across his face. Then he started flexing his fingers on his blood red hand.

"I wouldn't normally do this unless it was absolutely necessary. Although, I think it may teach you not to goad with me."

"Pain isn't going to change a thing," Skulduggery retorted.

"Well," Serpine laughed. "We'll soon see."

His hand started moving, and blinding white hot pain shot through Skulduggery's body. He writhed and screamed as wave after wave of pain was brought upon him. Serpine grinned. He was enjoying this. When he finally relaxed his hand, Skulduggery gasped, and Serpine laughed.

"That... all you... got?" Skulduggery breathed. Serpine smiled, and brought out a dagger from his jacket.

"So, why did you really come here my old enemy?" He asked slyly.

"Why do you think? You're trying to destroy the world Nefarian, and it's the Dead Men's job to stop that from happening."

"My dear nemesis, the Dead Men are finished, and you know it."

"Only because you spread rumours Nefarian."

"It's my duty, it's what I do." He said as he swung the dagger around, slicing open Skulduggery's chest. He winced, but didn't give Serpine the satisfaction of his pain. Serpine swung it again, and opened up his enemy's arm. Still, Skulduggery didn't even groan.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stop? You're looking a little...faint," Serpine teased. Skulduggery just looked at him.

"Righteo then!"

Serpine plunged the dagger into his prisoner's right shoulder, finally managing to get a scream out of him.

*******

"Now, I have a special surprise for you Skulduggery. Morton! Bring in the prisoners!" Serpine shouted.

The wooden doors creaked open, and Skulduggery looked closely. Guards led out two prisoners, their wrists bound by rope, one end clasped in the Guard's fist as they trailed behind.

"No..." Skulduggery whispered.

Serpine laughed and enjoyed the delicious moment. Skulduggery watched in horror as the little girl jogged to keep up, and the woman walked at a steady pace behind.

"Daddy!" The girl called as she spotted Skulduggery.