A Dead Soul (Part 1)

So this short story is being removed from my account and being put in this book 😊
Enjoy!

WARNING: Attempts at suicide, suicidal thoughts and self harm. May be triggering. 

Valkyrie sat up in bed, tears running freely down her cheeks. Another dream. Another dream about him. Oh how she missed him. Why did he have to leave her? Why couldn't he have listened to her pleading for him not to do it?

As soon as he'd stepped into the Accelerator she'd bolted out of the room, not wanting to see him fall apart. She'd barged past sorcerers, past China who'd still been lying on the floor at the time. She'd run out into the open, and let the tears come spilling out, and had screamed at the sky.

That had been the worst day of her life. Losing him. Now she was lost, lost with no idea what to do. She'd cried herself to sleep every night. Had dreams about him. Her heart ached. Was this what heartbreak felt like?

She missed him. She missed his voice, and his humour, and his warm arrogance.

She'd finally gotten to tell him how she really felt. Then she'd lost him. Lost him forever. There were times when she'd thought about joining him. After all, there was a lot of perfectly good, tall buildings. Lots of cliffs around Roarhaven, and plenty of kitchen knives.

Then she'd shake herself. No. She couldn't leave her family. Her mother, her father and little Alice. The memories hurt. At least Darquesse was gone. That was a bonus. But she'd rather put up with Darquesse and have him by her side then no Darquesse and no him.

She sobbed into her pillow, letting herself scream so loud that her throat started to ache. Her parents didn't come in anymore when she screamed. They knew fully well why she was screaming. When he had died, she come directly to them. She let her screams mix with her sobs that racked her body and she let all her sadness out.

She didn't know how much longer it would take before she finally decided that it was time to join him.

There was a reference to one of the books in this chapter. Can you guess it?