A Dead Soul (Part 4)

Cassandra gasped and Tanith turned to her.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Valkyrie."

"Val? What's she doing?"

"She's cutting herself."

Tanith clamped a hand over her mouth and trembled.

"Oh god..." She breathed.

"Tanith she's going to commit suicide!"

Tanith jumped up, and ran out the door, calling Synecdoche as she went.

"Tanith?"

"Doctor! Valkyrie's going to commit suicide! Can you have a bed ready? I'm bringing her back there!"

"Sure thing."

Tanith hung up and flung herself onto her motorbike. She revved the engine and shot off down the road, hoping that she wasn't too late.

She pulled up outside Valkyrie's house and watched in horror as she saw her little sister perched outside her bedroom window. She could head Valkyrie's parents panicked voices. She saw the belt hanging from a pipe above Valkyrie's window and cursed.

Tanith heard Valkyrie mutter
"I'm sorry."

Then, she jumped. Tanith's eyes widened and she could hear Melissa Edgley screaming. Valkyrie plummeted down and hit the ground...
Hard.

A fall like that wouldn't have been enough to kill her, but it could inflict some serious damage. Tanith cried out and ran towards Valkyrie's lifeless body on the ground and dropped to her knees beside her.

"God Val," she whispered, noting the blood that was running down her arms where she'd cut them to ribbons.

She saw Melissa and Desmond running out through the front door. Tanith felt for a pulse. It was there, and it wasn't faint luckily.

"I'll get her to the Sanctuary," Tanith said when her parents had gotten over to them.

"Take our car," Melissa said, tossing her the car keys that she had obviously snatched off the bench before she'd run outside.
"We'll follow behind in the Oompa Loompa."

Tanith nodded her thanks and scooped Valkyrie up in her arms, before rushing off to the Edgley's car that was parked in the driveway. She gently placed Valkyrie on the backseat ignoring the blood on her jacket and jumped in the drivers side, clipping her seatbelt up and stepping on the Accelerator.