Lost Soul (Part 1)

Dedicated to my baes: Valkyrie_Cain22 Skulduggeryvalkyrie TheDeadMoonChild thefeygirl Baespoke 😔 Hermione-Draco bambibookworm2001 ColonelCustard

The Dead Girls were a team, and they had been for a few years now, always looking out for each other, taking care of their neighbour instead of themselves. They held hands and together they lifted their faces to the stars. They were the Dead Girls, fearsome fighters, protector of people and sisters by heart. They were the Dead Girls - and they would not be afraid...

The leaders were Karma Snow and Bella Pleasant, they were so close with one another people were surprised they hadn't gotten together yet.

Then there was Blizzard Fernell and Aibhlinn Firinne; the girls who would take over the group when Bella and Karma weren't able to. The two newest members of the group, were Kalani Nightfire and Ruby Bly, both beautiful, both mysterious in their own ways.

Bella turned to Karma under the stars.

"It's a beautiful night isn't it?"

Karma nodded. "That it is."

"Perfect for hitting people."

That made the blonde girl laugh. "I've always known you had a violent nature."

Bella sighed. "I can't argue with that."

Karma wrapped her arm around the dark haired girl's shoulders. Blizzard and Aibhlinn were standing side by side, talking quietly to each other.

"When this is over," Blizzard whispered. "We are getting those two together."

"Agreed," Aibhlinn nodded. "They will be my new favourite OTP."

Blizzard grinned, and the stars seemed to shine brighter when she did. "Barma."

Aibhlinn's shoulders shook with silent laughter. "Barma. Next we'll be calling Skulduggery and Valkyrie, Valduggery."

"And Ghastly and Tanith, Ghanith."

The two girls laughed, catching the suspicious glances of both Bella and Karma. They pretended to be talking, and then the two girls turned around again.

Ruby and Kalani had gone to sit next to the water.

"Do you think we'll all survive this time?" Ruby asked, ripping a piece of grass out of the ground and playing with it.

"Why wouldn't we? We've survived everything else," Kalani replied, watching as she twirled the grass around her fingers, tying it in a knot.

"Yeah, but we don't even know what we're going up against."

"Apparently Karma talked with Skulduggery. He told her that we had a case, but she hasn't told anyone else."

"Do you think she's told Bella?"

"I don't even know."