Lost Soul (Part 2)

"What the fuck Karma?!" Bella shouted. "You played us?"

"You catch on fast don't you Angel?" Karma sneered, flipping her hair.

Bella didn't know what to say. "How could you? After all these years, you were just pretending to be my friend?"

Karma shrugged. "You're so gullible Isabella."

Bella stiffened. "You never call me that. Only mum calls me that."

Karma rolled her eyes. "If only you knew what was going to happen to you Pleasant." The blonde girl snarled and energy started crackling in her palms. Bella drew her gun out so fast that none of the other Dead Girls saw it coming. The black haired girl pointed it at Karma, who just threw her head back and laughed.

Bella started circling her, and Karma did the same. Tate stepped away to the other side of the room, out of the line of fire.

"Go on," Karma smiled. "Shoot me."

Bella said nothing, just kept her gaze trained on Karma as the energy in her hands began to get brighter. Tate chuckled.

"She doesn't have the guts to."

Blizzard and Aibhlinn stared in complete shock at what was taking place before them. The two girls, the girls that had been like sisters, were about to kill each other. Ruby and Kalani stood back from everyone else, not believing it. Karma Snow, was Nefarian Serpine's daughter... And here she was now, a traitor.

"Why?" Bella asked. Karma shrugged again.

"Skulduggery killed my dad, so... I took matters into my own hands."

"This was all a set up?"

Karma raised her eyebrows.
"Skulduggery taught you well. Too bad you have to die now."

Bella flicked off the safety on her gun, aiming it straight between the blonde girl's green eyes.

"Tate," she whispered, tears threatening to fall. She blinked them away. "You were never really my boyfriend?"

Tate scoffed. "Of course not. Why would I be? I hate you."

Bella's jaw dropped, and rage overcame her body.

"So you two, were working together this whole time? You never really wanted to be our friends, you were plotting against us?"

"Yes," Karma said. Bella took a deep breath as she continued to circle to blonde girl.

"What's wrong Isabella? Can't bring yourself to kill your precious Karma Snow?" Karma teased, the sound of her energy echoing around the room.

"Shut. Up," Bella warned. Karma stuck out her bottom lip.

"You're mean."

"You're a fucktard."

"Your insults really hurt, I hope you know that."

"Like I give a flying fuck anymore."

"Also your language has become very colourful in the last few minutes..."

**********

Behind the shield, the other girls were watching the scene unfold in front of their very eyes. None of them could quite process just what was going on.

"This is not good," Blizzard whispered, and Aibhlinn nodded.

"Not good at all."

"Do you think Bella will shoot her?" Kalani asked.

Blizzard shook her head. "No chance. She loves her too much, even if Karma is a traitor, the sisterhood is still there."

"I think we've finally found Bella's weakness," Aibhlinn sighed. "It's Karma."

**********

"So what is this then?" Bella asked. "You're going to fight me? Make me pay?"

"That's exactly what I'm going to do."

"Come on Karma. Don't do this, please. We're supposed to be best friends, sisters... Snap out of it. I'm not responsible for your dads death."

Karma snarled. "But your dad is."

"It's not my fault... And Serpine killed Skulduggery first."

"And as soon as I'm done with you, I'm going after Skulduggery."

Bella couldn't hide the fear in her eyes. "No..."

Karma cackled. "Oh, yes!"

"You won't touch my father."

"Watch me."

Bella heard the noise start up from behind the shield again, the faint sound of people screaming and pounding their fists on glass. That's when Bella's body jerked and her eyes widened.

She had been so engrossed in the conversation that she hadn't noticed when Tate had snuck around behind her. Now, his knife was lodged in the top of her back, inches from her windpipe...

The gun fell from her grip and skidded across the floor, and Bella dropped the ground, blood already pooling around her.

Karma laughed evilly, reaching down and picking the gun up off the floor. Tate approached her, grabbed her arm, and then they were both gone.

The shield disappeared, and the rest of the Dead Girls rushed into the room...