Amnesia

Valkyrie_Cain22 Bub!!! Xxxx 😍😍💖💖💜💜😘😘

"What do you mean she doesn't remember anything?!" Valkyrie cried. Synecdoche shook her head in dismay.

"I'm so sorry Valkyrie. He hit her extremely hard. She's got no memory of the event, of anyone involved, who she is. I even asked her if she remembered who Valkyrie Cain and Skulduggery Pleasant were."

"And what did she say?"

"She said, "who?"

Valkyrie was near tears now, and Skulduggery wrapped his arms around her comfortingly.

"Maybe Karma can help," he suggested. Valkyrie wiped her eyes and pulled away.

"Maybe you're right," she replied. "We need to find Karma Snow."

"Not a bad idea," said Tanith, who was standing beside Valkyrie. "Those two are practically sisters. Bella hangs out with Karma more than she does with Sophie."

Valkyrie stared at the black haired girl who was considered to be her clone. Her youngest daughter, with the big brown eyes that reminded everyone of Bambi and her cute scowl, who was lying motionless on a hospital bed in the Irish Sanctuary. She was as white as a ghost, and her black hair was laid out around her head, making her look like a princess.

Just the day before it had been Karma Snow, Bella Pleasant, Kalani Nightfire and Sophie Pleasant battling vampires. And that was when one of them sent an amazing right hook into the black haired girls face.

Now, Bella didn't remember anything. Nothing at all. Not magic, not her family, not her friends. She didn't even remember her own name, and that's what scared Valkyrie the most. She was just hoping the Karma Snow would be the answer to bring her daughter back.

"But..." Synecdoche replied softly, interrupting Valkyrie's thoughts. "If she doesn't remember soon..."

"You'll rewrite her personality," Skulduggery finished, his voice low. There was no denying the fact that Bella meant the world to Skulduggery. She was his trusty little 'slave,' his combat accessory when Valkyrie wasn't able to be. She was his everything.

Valkyrie wanted to cry, but she kept herself together.

"How long does she have to remember?" She asked.

"That depends on her condition Valkyrie."

Skulduggery pulled Valkyrie close, and looked towards his sleeping daughter.

"Let's go find Karma Snow," he said.

***********

It didn't take them long to find Karma, because as soon as they went home to change, the found her crying on the doorstep. She looked up when the Bentley stopped and wiped away her tears. Her eyes were blue, meaning she was sad.

"Karma?" Valkyrie asked. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry," the blonde girl whispered. "I wanted to wait."

"It's okay," Valkyrie replied, sitting down next to her and putting a comforting arm around her shoulder. They sat like that for about five minutes, before Valkyrie spoke.

"Would you be able to do a massive favour for us?" She asked.

Karma looked at Valkyrie, then at Skulduggery.

"Anything," she replied.

"Could you try and get through to Bella? Try to get her to remember?"

Karma's eyes turned a lighter shade of blue. "When I said 'anything' I literally meant anything. Heck! I would jump off a cliff if it meant I could save Bella's life. Of course I'll do it."

Valkyrie nodded, a small smile playing on her perfect, soft lips.

"Thank you."

************

Skulduggery and Valkyrie drove Karma to the Sanctuary and the blonde girl walked ahead towards the Medical Wing. She didn't even knock, just walked straight into Bella's room. She stopped in shock at what she saw.

Her best friend was as white as snow, with her pitch black hair spread out around her head. She looked like bloody Snow White. But now, her big brown eyes were open, staring at the ceiling. Valkyrie and Skulduggery waited in the doorway, and Karma walked to her friend's bedside.

"Um... Hi Bella," she started. The black haired girl's head turned towards her, but her expression was blank and her eyes were unfocused.

"Do you remember me?" Karma tried. "Karma Snow? Your best friend?"

"I'm sorry, I don't know you."

It felt like she'd been hit by a train. Karma dropped to her knees and felt her heart being torn in half by those six words. Those six words had destroyed her. Tears streamed down her already damp cheeks. She all she could do was feel broken, because her best friend, the person she loved and cared for most in the world, didn't even recognise her.

The person who had supported her through thick and thin, gotten angry with her, cried with her, laughed with her, HAD NO IDEA WHO THE FUCK SHE WAS!

Karma felt like she was hanging off the edge of a cliff by her fingertips. The only thing keeping her from letting go was Bella, and she could feel herself physically breaking. So she let go...