More Than Words Can Describe...

This chapter is dedicated to my amazing bae and best friend Valkyrie_Cain22 who is Karma Snow in this one shot. I love you so much my darling and keep staying strong for me xxx

Bella Pleasant is Skulduggery and Valkyrie's youngest daughter. (And she is also me :) Enjoy guys!! Xxx

Bella Pleasant sat cross-legged on the front of her car. She was bored. Sophie, her older sister had gone monster hunting with Gracious O'Callahan and Donegan Bane, and Valkyrie and Skulduggery had, gotten a room. Bella cringed. Disgusting. Hadn't they already had enough kids? Weren't her and Sophie enough for them?

Now, she was waiting. Waiting for the only person in her life who understood her. And that person, was none other than her best friend, Karma Snow. They had gone through so much together and today, they were going to try ice skating. It wouldn't be easy, but Bella had Elemental powers, so that would help out at least a little bit, and Karma did parkour and could fly, so it wouldn't be too hard for her either.

Bella smiled as the beautiful blonde sorcerer strolled up to her. Her hair reached down to her waist, she had a sprinkle of freckles across her nose, and sparkling green eyes.

"Good day Miss Pleasant," Karma grinned, and Bella groaned.

"Wouldn't a simple 'hello' suffice?"

"You know me, I'm not the 'simple' type," Karma said, jumping onto the bonnet of the car to sit next to her friend. "So, are you ready to go ice skating?" She asked excitedly.

"Don't you mean, am I ready to go get myself killed?"

"Oh come on Bells don't be a buzzkill! It'll be fun!"

Bella sighed, she was going to die. "Yeah okay, let's go."

*******

Bella looked out over the frozen lake, and she suddenly she felt sick. Karma had pulled out two pairs of ice skates, and the dark haired girl, was certain that her life was about to end today.

"Here," Karma said, holding out the skates. "Put these on."

"I don't know about this."

"Come on! It'll be really, really fun!"

"That's what you said last time when we went bungy-jumping. And we both remember how that ended."

Karma cringed. "I probably should've made sure the rope was tied more securely."

"Yeah, that would've been good. For Kalani especially."

As well as being best friends, Karma and Bella also had a group of other friends. Kalani Nightfire, Aibhlinn Firinne, Blizzard Fernell, and Ruby Bly. They were all sorcerers, and it was a lot of fun hanging out with them.

"Well, there's nothing that I can mess up here."

"Debatable."

Karma scowled. "Anyway, I'll help you okay? Just put the skates on Bella."

Bella sighed, and let Karma help her with the skates. As soon as she was standing however, she fell, right on her arse. Karma giggled and Bella scowled.

"Help me up will you?" She snapped. Karma was smiling, but helped her friend to her feet.

"Maybe we need to start off slowly. Baby steps," Karma suggested.

"Baby it is, as long as I don't have to do anything too hard."

"That's the whole idea of 'baby'."

"Jesus I wish this was magic training instead."

"Aw come on! We always do magic training, and I got to work on my flying skills when you accidentally burned all your dad's hats."

Bella cringed. "At least you got us both away before he killed us."

Karma nodded. "That's true. Are you ready to go out onto the ice now?"

Bella sighed, and looked out over the frozen lake. This was suicide.

"I guess so. I think I'm ready to die."

Karma raised her eyebrows, and helped her friend walk towards the ice.

******

"You're doing fantastic!" Karma called. Bella was frantically slipping and sliding all around the ice, trying her best not to fall on her arse again.

"No I'm bloody well not!" She called back.

"Remember! Baby steps! You'll get it! And no magic!"

"How am I supposed to stay upright?"

"It's all about balance! Just stop manipulating the air Bella!"

"I don't think that's such a good idea!"

"Trust me! You can do it!"

Bella took a deep breath, and stopped using her Elemental magic to keep her standing. She wobbled for a minute, then managed to steady herself.

"You did it!"

"I did!"

"Now, take little tiny steps, almost like you're just walking!"

Bella did as she was told, and took a tiny step. Then the skate slipped from under her and she went tumbling down again. She glared at Karma, who had her fist in front of her mouth, trying not to laugh.

"Karma Snow!" She screamed, using the air to launch herself towards Karma, who's eyes widened in shock. Then she dodged Bella's oncoming attack, and the dark haired girl sprawled onto the grass.

"Bloody hell! I could've died if the ice had broken!"

"But you didn't," Karma pointed out. "You survived. And so did I," she added with a giggle. Bella got to her feet and playfully punched her shoulder.

"I'm happy you didn't die Bells, otherwise I would've had to explain to your parents why their daughter was at the bottom of a frozen lake! And somehow I don't think Skulduggery or Valkyrie would like that."

"Thank you for your concern."

"You're very welcome."

"Can we just go back to my place and watch some movies? I'm over all this physical stuff for today, and I have a major bruise forming on my..."

"Okay! Okay! Stop right there I believe you! But, wouldn't you rather come back to my place? Aren't your parents, riding each other?"

Bella froze. "Oh, yeah, right."

"That's gross."

"I know. I don't blame Sophie for going Monster Hunting today."

"My place it is," Karma said. "Scary movies and popcorn?"

"Sounds like a plan," Bella smiled, and Karma helped her with taking off the ice skates, and together, they both hopped into Bella's car, turning on the heater to warm themselves up, and drove to Karma's house.

It was a friendship and a bond that couldn't be broken, not even the ice could break it. And that, is exactly how they both wanted to keep it.