Time heals the wounds, right?

~~~ Jessica's POV ~~~

The doctor had just said in the from to us, it was a little boy, or what should have been a little boy. He had gotten too large amounts of alcohol in the blood so that he had suffered severe brain damage. The condition was critical and they said he was not going to survive. I had begun to cry, Marshall had gone out of the room and locked himself in the bathroom, the only thing I could hear was sobbing and cursing.

~~~ Marshall's POV ~~~

It should have been a boy, my son! He was dead!

"No, No, no .... FUCK !!!" I kicked hard into the wall, tears flowed and I completely lost control. I punched and kicked all around me before I sat down on the toilet seat and cried.

"Marshall?" I heard her shouting through her sobs, she was clearly upset.

"Yeah?" I yelled, almost yelled... I had a choked voice because of my countless screams. It sounded as if I was in a voice change... "Come out here, I need you more than ever..." I unlocked the door and nearly ran up to her as she lay in bed. I sat on the edge of the bed and held her hand. She looked up at me with bloodshot eyes, tears flowing still from both. 

A doctor came in the door and explained how the operation would take place, if he was in there for a long time she could risk dying. She nodded, but the tears didn't stop, not mine either. I was still crying when they wheeled her into operation. I sat down in the chair in her room and tried to focus on something else, but I couldn't. We could've had a son, Haillie a brother ... I cried myself to sleep in the chair.