Happy or not?

~~~ Marshall's POV ~~~

I woke up the next day in an empty bed, and stood up quickly to find Jessica. I only putted on som old pajama pants I found lying in the closet and walked out of the room. I didn't look far, cause she was sitting outside the bathroom door in the fetal position. I hurried to her and sat down beside her, pulling her into my chest.

"Hey ... What's wrong?" I asked and wiped the tears on her face. She didn't look up when she mumbled something in reply. "What?" I asked, it was way too low to be heard. She looked up and wiped her face for tears with her sleeve, that's when I noticed what she was wearing, she was wearing my hoodie. I smiled at her choice of clothing and then suddenly became serious for her. "What's wrong?" I asked again and this time her gaze met mine.

"I took the test again this morning ... and ... I'm not pregnant. I don't understand why I'm so sad? I mean, we both know that we're not ready for it, so why am I reacting like this? Why am I not grateful?" She sighed and looked down at our entwined hands that was lying in her lap.

"You've thought a lot about this, haven't you?" I asked her and smiled to get up the mood.

"Yeah ... I love children, I want to be a mother, have a husband that loves me and just be normal for once ... I realiced ​​that when I thought about the other day I was out. I was in the park and saw a mom, a dad and two little girls on a picnic, it made me think about us, if we ever get kids ..." She looked quickly at me with a sorry look. "I'm sorry, this is way too fast forward ..." I shook my head at the statement and smiled confidentially.

"I know what you're going through, I've had those thoughts about us when I see parents and their kids playing around..." I leaned forward and kissed her softly on the cheek and met her gaze when I sat back. "But, first things first ... We need to plan the wedding." I said, and her face lit up at once.

~~~ Jessica's POV ~~~

I smiled as soon as I heard the word wedding and he walked with me to the coffee table. We sat down and I took out some drawings I had drawn about how I wanted it to be. I had hardly slept last night because of all the thoughts about a family with Marshall, so I started slowly planning our wedding.

He took up the drawings and looked at them surprised.

-Wow, you're a good drawer! This is so ...Realistic..." I chuckled and smiled at him. "Where've you learned this?" My smile faded and I sat down on the sofa. My mother had taught me to draw like that, she'd always said that everything around me is figures showing how to draw. She had a whole room full of drawings, pencils and paint brushes. She was an artist on full-time, it was my dream at one point, to be an artist at full time. The dream had been lost in the run of years, after her... passing, I'd totally lost the meaning of it and stopped believing in the dream.

"Are you okay?" He looked at me with caring eyes. I hadn't noticed that tears had begun to flow. I nodded and pointed to the drawing.

"My mom taught me to draw like that ..." He knew the rest of the story and how I had a happy family that suddenly got swept away by a simple phone call.

"Oh, I didn't know ..."

"No, no ... It's okay." I smiled and pointed at the drawings again. "I wanna have an arch of white roses and ...." He smiled when I started to explain to him how I pictured the wedding and nodded to my ideas, he came up with his own too, so that we found something in between that we both could agree on. When we finished, I saw the plans and was speechless. This was going to cost a fortune!

"This'll cost a fortune!" I said, gaped from the calculations. He just smiled quietly to myself and took the hair away from my face.

"For you, nothing is too expensive." I smiled at his words, but the idea got me still uneasy. I wouldn't be able to afford the food, as he said he would pay everything and that nothing was too expensive for me, but he was rich ... He could say it, buy it all and not care at all. The idea that he could buy everything made me nauseous, I was spoiled ... Damn spoiled...