Marshall's plan

~~~ Marshall's POV ~~~

We officially stood up around twelve in the middle of the day.

Now that I knew what her favorite songs was, a plus was that I had made them and didn't have to memorize the lyrics! Or sing some stupid, love-struck, damn cleché love song... Ugh... And I can't sing, so it would sound completely horrible while I would keep stopping myself from puking while singing...

I had planned to make a little surprise for her on the after-party, me and D12 should rap for her, and she wasn't gonna know it! Of course, it would be damn difficult and tough to be with D12 on stage without Proof ...

I felt like I got a lump in my throat when I thought of him, he probably sat up there and laughed at me right now. I let out a little laugh and Jessica turned to me questioningly.

"What?" She asked, I looked at her.

"Nah, nothing ... I was just thinking about Proof, he was my best man last time ..." I said, it was painful to talk about him, he was gone and would never come back no matter what I did ... It took me a while to understand that, and many mistakes were made on the way there. She looked at me and smiled soothing. She lifted her hand against my cheek, the soft touch gave me goosebumps. Well shit then, how damn soft I've gotten... 

"He still is, he will always be by your side... No matter what you do, he'll always be there!" I loved her because of this, she always knew what to say and what to do to get me in a better mood. I looked up.

"He's still my best friend ..." I said, pointing up.

"And your best man!" She added, I nodded smiling.

"But I will need a best man, that can hold the rings... A second one!" I said, and began to think of some people, I saw she was thinking too. I looked up at her in when her eyes popped up, like she's got an idea or something.

"What?" I asked.

"What if Haillie came with the rings..?" She looked carefully at me.

I thought, it would been very nice if she did, but did she want to?

"I'll ask her, if it's okay, we'll do it..." She smiled up at me, I kissed her lightly on the cheek before I decided to ask her straight out.

"Babe? Can I arrange the after-party?" I asked, she looked suspiciously at me.

"Will it be expensive?" She asked, I smiled a little.

"If it's not..?" I asked, still with a smile on my face.

"Then it's okay! But ... What am I supposed to do?" Yeah, what would she do? She looked at me quizzically and anxious.

"Invitations and your dress! I can't do that shit ..." She laughed and nodded in agreement. Yes! Now everything would go as planned! I picked up my phone and dialed the number to Haillie.

"I'm calling Haillie." I whispered and was just finished speaking when Haillie answered.

"Hi, dad! Where are you?"

"Hey baby, I'm at home ... Why?"

"...You were supposed to pick me up at Ashleys 10 minutes ago?" She laughed.

"Shit! I totally forgot... I'm coming right away!"

"No! Ashleys mom drives me home, was it something you wanted?"

"Uhm, okay ... Yeah, you know that I'm gonna marry Jessica?"

"Yes? Happy for you by the way!" I could hear on her voice that she smiled.

"Thanks, well ... We were wondering if you would like to bring the rings to us? Like a best man? Girl ..." 

"OMG! Yes! I love it! I'll do it! When is it?"

"We're not quite sure yet, but we're planning in the winter or fall some time ..."

"Okay, but I gotta go! We're at the gate now, I'm coming! Bye!"

"Bye, love you..?" I said, waiting for her reply.

"Love you too daddy, bye!" She hung up and I putted my phone back in my pocket.

"She wants to do it." I said and smiled, Jessica kissed me lightly on the lips. Then another, then it developed into a real make-out session. I grabbed her waist and pulled her close, she laughed in the kiss. I pushed her against the wall and leaned against her so the kissed deepened.

"HOLY--- Sorry for interupting!" I heard Haillie and we both jumped away. Jessica looked so embarrassed when she looked down at the floor, while I walked to Haillie to give her a hug. Jessica followed me and smiled kindly to Haillie.

"Hi Haillie!" She said, and hugged her.

"Hi Jessica! I'm so happy for you !!" She said, laughing a little laugh. "This was a new expirience ..." I laughed and looked over at Jessica who smiled back at me.

We sat down on the couch together and began to explain Haillie what we'd planned. When we got to the after-party, both of my girls tried to squeeze out information, but I remained silent and they both were really frustrated. I laughed.

"I can tell you this... You're gonna love it." I said, this just made Jessica even more frustrated.