Meeting fans

~~~ Marshall's POV ~~~

I was awoken by voices and laughter beside me. I opened my eyes and tried to get used to the white light that burned in my eyes when I opened them.

"Jessica, he's awake!" I turned toward the voice of Haillie and saw Jessica try to turn against me. She groaned, settled on the side and met my gaze smiling. She reached her hand toward my face and caressed the contours of my jaw. I saw Haillie smile at us and stood up.

"I'm gonna get something to eat, you guys want anything?" She asked and held the door handle, ready to go out. I shook my head. "You're hungry!" She said, before I could say anything back, she was out of the room.

"She's so stubborn ..." I laughed and met the eyes of Jessica.

"Father like daughter ..." She laughed and kissed me on the forehead.

"Hey, I'm not--" She looked at me with think-about-it gaze with a mixture of you-know-I-have-right gaze. I gave up, A LITTLE "Fine, I'm a LITTLE stubborn..." She laughed and grabbed my hand in hers, just as a doctor came in the door and smiled friendly to us when she saw our hands.

"Young Love ... Get's me every time ..." she said and her smile grew bigger. We smiled at each other and chuckled at the compliment. Before I looked at the doctor again.

"What's up?" I said and looked at her quizzically.  She looked at Jessica.

"Because of your fracture in your arm and your leg, you need to use a wheelchair." She said. I suddenly became worried and was just about to ask about how long Jessica had to use it when she asked herself.

"How long do I have to use it?" She was clearly worried and looked directly at the doctor.

"Just a month, your bones are healing really quickly. Is it your first time you've fractured a bone?" She asked, Jessica nodded. "Lucky girl ..." Her gaze fell upon me. "Damn lucky ..." Okay, a little bit uncomfortable now, but thanks I guess... Ehrm...

"You know my work?" I asked, playing it off.

"Kind of, I have a son and a daughter. They are huge fans!" She said, I smiled at her.

"You want me to sign something for them?" She looked up.

"They're actually on their way here, they heard that you were here ..." She sent me a sorry glance.

"It's okay, no problem." She smiled and looked back at Jessica again.

"You can go home now, if you like?" She said. Jessica smiled and nodded quickly. The doctor left the room.

I helped her into the wheelchair and just when we were heading out the door, it was opened by the doctor and a boy and a girl about 15 years old. Their faces were shocked and the girl began to cry.

"OH my god ...."  She came walking leisurely toward me, her hands covered her mouth. I looked at her and took up a pen, I always brought a pen in my pocket nowadays, you never know what you meet... 

She was wearing one of my t-shirts from one of my tours. It read: UP IN SMOKE over a picture of me.

I grabbed the shirt and pulled her gently toward me, I wrote right under the picture: HI, MY NAME IS SLIM SHADY! I drew a hand which showed the finger next to it and chuckled. I met her gaze, she hadn't said one word, she took her hand to greet me. I took it and saluted her.

"Hey, Slim here." I said she let out a small scream and pulled me to her in a hug. I met the gaze of Jessica. She was watchful and vigilant, ready to attack at every slightest hint of more contact than a hug. I smiled reassuringly to her.

The boy came behind her against me in a big grin. He raised his hand and looked at me. I took his hand and squeezed his slightly.

"What's up Slim?" He said, clearly in the puberty, cause he had a major voice-crack. He looked down embarrassed. I cleared my throat and made my voice as light as possible.

"Nah, man ... It's cool!" He looked up at me and smiled gratefully. I coughed."You want me to sign you something?" He nodded and took out a Eminem T-shirt, I took off the cap on the marker and wrote: 

'Bitch! I met Slim Shady!' 

He laughed and took the shirt on right away.

"Thanks!" He smiled and walked toward his mother who stood and watched. The girl walked reluctant, but before she left the room she turned to Jessica.

~~~ Jessica's POV ~~~

When she turned to me, I was half prepared an insult or threat. But no, she smiled and walked towards me.

"Can you sign it too?" She asked, Marshall came up to me with the pen and smiled at me. I nodded in reply.

"Sure! Where?" I smiled. She pointed straight under the signature of Marshall and smiled. "Here?" I asked. She nodded. I began to write: 

'Jessica Jackson, Slim Shady's bitch'

Marshall let out a chuckle behind me and so did the girl. I smiled at her and she smiled gratefully back before everyone went out of the room. I turned to Marshall and gave him the pen back. He smiled and laughed even more, he thought for sure what I had written.

"Slim Shady's bitch?" He laughed.

"Yeah? It's true!" We laughed together as he rolled me out of the hospital and to the car.