A plottwist

We'd just come home from the hospital and sat on the sofa and flipped through the channels when an old recording of one of his concerts came up.

"Wow! That's a long time ago ..." he said and smiled when he saw the footage. I heard the intro to 'Lose Yourself' start and another man came running onto the stage smiling. He ran to Marshall and both smiled at each other. I first realised who this person was after a while, it was Proof ... I looked quickly over at Marshall, a tear ran from the corner of his eye, but he smiled. He noticed that I looked at him and turned his head to meet my gaze.

"You okay?" I asked and wiped away his tear with my hand. He nodded and looked back at the TV.

"Loved that guy ... Still do ..." Marshall stared sad on the screen, I wanted to get him in a better mood, so I changed the channel. We ended up with a romantic comedy. I noticed that they called each other nicknames ...

"Marshall? What if we were just as goofy and called eachother stupid things?" I said and laughed.

"If we had awkward nicknames, you mean?" He laughed. "Like what ??" He asked. I looked at him and laughed. "Give me some examples on nicknames I can have?" 

"Marshi, Maybe? Marsh ... Marshmellow !!" I laughed. "Marshmellow! I love you my little Marshmellow..." I kissed him on the nose.

"Marshmellow? Wow, it'll be hard to beat that ..." 

"What about me? Give me some nicknames!" 

"JJ ... Jessi ... Je ... Jel..JELLYBEAN! Haha! Yes! Jelly Bean!" We both laughed at the absurd nicknames.

"What a couple ... Marshmellow and Jelly Bean!"

"Well, It's a sweet mixture though ... "He said flirtatious and leaned toward me. Our lips met and he took off my clothes carefully. I took off his shirt careful not to hurt his back even more ... We kept on for quite some time and when we were finished, we both fell asleep on the couch.

~~~ Marhall's POV ~~~

I woke up the next morning and noticed that Jessica wasn't lying to me. Where was she? I sat up, but forgot the injuries in the back and it hurt like hell, I groaned.

"Jessica? You here, baby?" I heard a door open and steps came closer and closer. "Jessica?" I asked again, slightly higher this time.

"Oh, Marshall! Your morning voice is as hot as it've always been ..." Said a familiar voice and the blond figure came walking towards me. She smiled and laughed a nasty laugh when Jessica came into the room. She stared quizzically at the blonde lady. She looked over at me quizzically.

"Jessica, this is Kim, my ex-wife ..." I said bitterly. "Kim, this is Jessica." Kim just looked pissed at her and looked quickly over at me again.

"So, one night stand again Marshall?" She stared hatefully at Jessica and assessed her quickly with her eyes before she looked back at me again.

"What the hell do you want, and how did you get in ??" I asked annoyed and met her cold eyes. She put her hands in her pocket and pulled out a key ring with the house key on. It was a picture of me and her from when we had, ugh, got married ...

"I just stopped by to give you these ..." She looked at Jessica again. "Whore..." She said and Jessica looked at her sour. Jessica walked over to me and sat down beside me. I smiled and took my arm around her while staring at Kim.

"She ain't no whore. Actually ..." I said triumphantly and took her hand in mine and lifted it up so Kim saw the ring on her finger. She gaped. "She's my fiancé ..." I said and kissed Jessica softly on the lips. I let go of the kiss and turned to Kim again. "Get the fuck out of our house, bitch! Before I throw you out myself..." Kim was so pissed at me, but turned and walked angrily out of the room and out the exit door. Jessica sat perfectly still beside me.

"Well, that was Kim ... "She turned and took my hand in hers and looked me straight in the eye.

"Marshall, I woke up 2 hours ago because I felt sick ... I started to think and took a test before I decided to tell you." She got out a ... pregnancy test from her pocket and showed it to me. I looked down on the small screen and got a shock. I looked up at her again. "I'm ... Pregnant, Marshall ..."