Memoryloss

~~~ Marshall's POV ~~~

Haillie'd fallen asleep on my lap of exhaustion, she'd been crying ever since we arrived at the hospital  3 hours ago. Jessica had been wheeled into right after she had fallen asleep.

I stood up as gently as I could and let Haillie on the couch. I walked over to the chair beside the bed to Jessica and sat down. I took her hands in mine and did something I hadn't done for a long time, I prayed. I prayed that Jessica would wake up and everything would be as before. She would smile the warm smile that warmed me inside. That she should be comforting Haillie, get her to stop crying.

I put my head down on the bed and felt the tears push themselves forward, I hated to see her this way. I didn't want her to be in pain. Tears made my eyes red and ran down my cheeks when I heard Jessica groaned. I looked up just as her eyes opened, gradually habituated themselves to the light in the room and her brown eyes found mine. I smiled through the tears to her, she smiled friendly back.

"Hey, baby ..." I said and sniffled, she looked at me strangely. I looked at her strangely back as a joke. "Jessica?" I asked and she got big eyes when she saw me. I smiled at her. "You scared me for a moment there..." I said and jumped when she let out a big scream, I jumped backwards. What the fuck's going on??

"EMINEM KNOWS MY NAME !! EMINEM KNOWS MY NAME !!" She said and began to hyperventilate. I walked slowly past her bed and slipped out the door. I hurried away to a doctor nearby and patted him on the shoulder. He turned and looked at me kindly.

"Can I help you?" He said..

"My fiancé just woke up and she is screaming at me..?" I said, pointing toward the door where I came out.

"Who's the patient?" He said with a serious expression.

"Jessica Jackson." I said, he looked through the papers and suddenly became serious when he looked up at me again.

"She hit her head pretty bad in the crash, she may have developed memory loss." He said, the fuck was he saying!?

"What? She doesn't remember me?"

"The Memory loss is temporarly, just give her an hour and she'll remember everything, piece by piece." He smiled kindly to me, I turned around and walked toward the room again. I opened the door and entered. Jessica saw me and yelled again, I jumped this time too. Haillie was awake now, she looked at Jessica worried. I went over to the bed and looked at Jessica, I looked down at her hand, her ring was still there. I took her hands up so she could see it, her eyes fell on the ring.

"What's this?" She took the ring off her finger and studied it.

"Check inside ..." I fought to keep the tears back. Jessica viewed inside of the ring gasping. She had seen the engraving.

"Marshall Mathers and Jessica Jackson ?!" She looked up at me with a shocked expression. "I'm gonna marry you?" I nodded in reply and smiled at her. "How the fuck can't I remember this?" She looked down the ring again and shook her head uneasily.

"You were in an accident, a car crash. You've developed memory loss... Do you remember?" I said quietly, I felt Haillie's hands on my shoulders. Jessica looked up at me and Haillie and nodded slowly.

"I ... I actually do ..." she said and smiled at me. Haillie released one relieved sigh and walked over to Jessica.

"Do you remember me, Jessica?" Haillie asked and looked Jessica in the eye. She nodded gently on the head, this was so damn difficult. To remind a beloved person, which before the accident knew everything about you and loved you, then to just remember what your name is and what you have accomplished...

Haillie smiled and leaned toward Jessica in a hug, she jumped first, but hugged back. I looked at Jessica that she was absent. She had a minded glance when Haillie released her and leaned gently away. I smiled at Jessica and this time she smiled back. I felt thousand punds lighter, but then machines around her began beeping loudly. Jessica's eyes rolled back in her head and her whole body went limp. Doctors burst in the door and began giving cardiopulmonary rescue.

"She's having a heart-attack! CPR!" They shouted and pushed us away from her. Haillie hugged me tightly and began to cry again.

"Jessica!" She sniffled, I couldn't make out one word and stared at the lifeless body of Jessica. Her hand fell to the floor and dropped the ring she had held previously. It clinked as it fell, and as it hit the floor,  the machines got another beep.

"We have a pulse!" A doctor yelled.