Best friends or enemies?

When we'd explained finished he sat open-mouthed and looked at us.

"I heard about the attack, you okay now?" Asked Jason gently as he looked at Marshall.

"Yeah, I was pretty messed up afterwards, but this girl right here was watching me..." He said, and glanced over at me. He kissed me on the cheek and our gazes met.

"That's good, man! I mean ... Eminem." Jason looked a little frightened and looked down at the floor.

"Jason? Marshall is a nice person when you get to know him better. Nothing like the media says." He smiled at me and looked over at Marshall.

"I'm sorry, Eminem ..." Jason said, he looked like a boy who was apologising to his mother or somoething...

"Hey, nothing to say you're sorry for..." Marshall smiled at him friendly, Jason got a strange facial expression and whispered loudly to me from across the table.

"JJ? He's smiling!" He whispered loudly, Marshall laughed. I played with and looked wonderingly over at Marshall.

"Yeah! He was laughing too!" I whispered loudly back.

"You think he can hear us?" Said Jason. Marshall leaned against us and whispered loudly back.

"No, his ears are too fucked up." Everybody laughed at Marshall's comment and when everything was quiet I looked down at my phone and saw that it was starting to get late. I put my phone back in my pocket and stood up, Marshall stood up too, almost synchronized with me. Jason looked at me.

"You leaving already?" He said sad and stood up.

"Yeah, but I was wondering if you would like to join us to Sascha's place?" I asked and took Marshall's hand in mine. Jason brightened up immediately and nodded. We all walked out the door and toward the car to Marshall.

"Holy shit! What a nice ride you've got there..." Jason said and got into the back seat behind Marshall, probably so that he would be able to talk to me and see me at the same time...

Marshall smiled proudly and started it when all the doors were closed. I showed him the way to Sascha and when we drove up the driveway he parked and stopped the engine. Everyone went out, Marshall took as usual the hood over his head and took my hand as we walked toward the front door. Jason followed us with one firm look at me, I could feel his eyes on my neck, it was a bit uncomfortable. I rang the doorbell and waited.

"Coming!" I heard her shout and eventually I heard the door was unlocked and the door opened. Marshall lowered his head in an attempt to hide his face. Sascha met Jason's gaze and smiled, before her eyes landed on me. She had a happy expression on her face and jumped on me in a hug.

"JJ! Where the hell have you been, girl !! I've missed you!" She kissed me on the cheek and invited us in.

"Aren't you mad?" I asked, a little shocked by the warm reception.

"No, just worried to death! What's up?" She hugged me and looked behind me at Marshall. "Who's that?" She asked and looked at me questioningly. Now I had to be careful, Sascha was Marshall's biggest fan, not far from a first grade STALKER!

I dropped Marshall's hand and took my hands on her shoulders.

"That's my excuse and my future..." I said with a smile and proudly showed the ring on my finger.

"You're engaged! My girl !!! Now you gotta tell WHO this hottie is! Who is stealing my girl?" She smiled and looked over at Marshall. I walked over to him with a watchful eye against Sascha. She looked at me questioningly.

"...I ain't killing him?" She said.

"Believe me, I know that, but before I take his hood off ... He's mine!" Marshall chuckled and Sascha stiffened.

"That laughter ... No, it can't be ..." I took the hood slowly off him and looked watchfully against Sascha. For every millimeter the hood disappeared from the face of Marshall, the greater was her smile. I dropped the hood so it fell on his back and Sascha put in a proper fangirl screams.

"EMINEM !!!! Marshall Mathers !!! SLIM SHADY !!!! HE'S HERE! OMG, OMG, OMG !!!!!!" She jumped up and down and ran towards him, but I stood in the way and pushed her gently away. I met her eyes and looked at her warningly with a grin.

"Mine!" I said and hugged Marshall like I was some kind of an ape. He laughed and kissed me on the forehead before he met the eyes of Sascha.

"Hi, my name is---" He started, but was interrupted by Sascha.

"Chicka, Chicka, Slim Shady!" She said, jumping up and down.

~~~ Marshall's POV ~~~

I laughed at her comment, it was kinda funny... I took her hand and greeted her. She looked at me expectantly and looked over at Jessica.

"Can I just show him 'the room'?" She asked Jessica, I looked at Jessica questioning. She just smiled at me and nodded to Sascha.

"Where?" I said, but then she grabbed a hold of my hand and led me to a door further away in the hallway. She still held my hand and I felt the eyes of Jessica was on me, I turned to her and gave her a scared look, she laughed a short laugh and came toward us, Jason right behind. Sascha opened the door and led me into a dark room.

"Uuh... Are you kidnapping me or something..?" I said, and just then the lights were turned on and I was stunned. All the walls were covered with posters, newspaper clippings and interviews from newspapers, three large cardboard figures stood foremost in the room and a shelf full of figures, albums and t-shirts. Some of them were signed and one I could actually remember having signed. I dropped her hand and walked over to the shelf, I took up the t-shirt and looked at what it stood:

'I fucking love you! Slim Shady' It said, it was strange that I still remembered it. I showed the shirt to Jessica.

"I remeber this! It was in ...? I asked and looked at Sascha.

"23. December 1999 in Detroit 22:21!" She smiled at me.

"Wow ... You know your shit..." I put the shirt back and looked at the newspaper clippings. One image I found particularly.

"Hey, Jessica! Come over here... That's us." I pointed to the picture when Jessica walked over to me, Sascha followed.

"So you were the mysterious girl who was always around Eminem?" Said Sascha and looked at Jessica. "You're so fucking lucky..." She said and hugged Jessica, her eyes fell on her ring again and she looked over at me.

"When's the wedding? I AM your best friend..??" She said, looking at Jessica.

"We don't know yet, but we are planning around next fall or maybe the start of the winter." She replied and then smiled at me. I walked over to her and took my arm over her shoulders. I felt her arm around my waist and smiled at the soft touch. I looked down into her brown eyes as she looked up at me and smiled. Suddenly we were blinded with a bright light. When we got our sight back we looked up on Sascha standing with a camera in her hand and smiled at us sorry.

"Sorry, but do you even have a picture of yourself together? And do you know how cute you are ?!" She said, and sat down at the pc. She connected the camera to it and copied out the image on a photo printer. It went pretty fast and she gave us the picture. It was actually a pretty nice picture. Jessica looked at the picture and smiled.

"Eminem smiling ... I'm gonna be rich!" Said Sascha and looked at me. Fuck no.

"Don't put it online?" I said, she shook her head and smiled kindly to me. Jessica walked over to Sascha and gave her a big hug.

"I'm so happy you're here!!"

"Besfriends Sweety! BFF'S you know? It's true!" She said and laughed.

It was so nice to see Jessica happy and with friends. Now her day would be perfect, the same would mine.