Chapter 22

Alex's POV

I rushed to the hospital as fast as I could and ran into the building.

"Excuse me do you know what room Sammy Wilkinson is in." I said to the lady at the front desk.

"Um that would be room 281"

I darted to the elevator and clicked the button so many times I thought I was going to break it. When the door closed I waited anxiously for the ride to be over.
It felt like two hours before the ride was actually over but in reality it was 1 minute. I ran through the halls looking for his room when I saw Johnson. He looked distraught but I couldn't blame him that's one of his best friends.

"Hey J. How's everything?"

"He's good he doesn't remember a few details about his life but its only temporary."

"Do you think he will remember me?"

"Hey don't cry I'm sure he will and if he doesn't you will just have to make him fall in love with you all over again."

"How is it that you always know the right thing to say?"

"I guess I'm the best."

We walked into the room together. Gilinsky was sitting in the chair beside the bed talking to Sammy. I smiled he always lights up when he talks to the people he loves.

Gilinsky looked up at me and smiled then walked over to give me a hug.

"Hey Sammy how are you feeling?" I asked

"Uhh good but might I ask who are you?" he asked

I felt tears running down my cheeks. I can't believe he doesn't remember who I am.

"I'm sorry for making you cry." Sammy said awkwardly.

"It's okay it's just I'm your girlfriend. My name is Alex and we have been together for a few days."

"Oh I'm sorry I don't remember you but I'm glad I have a gorgeous girlfriend." He laughed.

I giggled. He knows how to make a really sad moment not seem as bad. I just wish he knew who I was. I really love him and I know that it's just temporary but what if it he never remembers.