Chapter 41

Alex's POV

I sat on the couch hoping not to be bothered again. I just wanted to relax after this long day.
I laid my head down on a pillow and grabbed the throw blanket from the top of the couch. I was settled in and was planning to sleep here tonight. Matt's room is right outside the living room so if he needed anything I could be there faster from downstairs. Yes this wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world but I don't want to leave him alone. And again yes Sam Colby and Nash are here but I think I can do this myself.
I always see Matt looking out for me so now it's my turn to take care of him. It just sucks that on thanksgiving he will be injured and won't have the most fun.

~the next day~

It was finally thanksgiving and I would be lying if I said I wasn't stressed out of my mind. I feel like an octopus trying to do so many things at once. Nobody else in the house was awake, it was currently 5:38 in the morning and I was prepping the turkey so it would be ready by the time our families came. I was tired from the lack of sleep but I kept moving trying to clean the house and cook. I didn't expect anyone to help me but I really wouldn't mind it but of course Kian and Jc are sleeping in the basement, Nash is with Matt and I have no idea where Sam is he went out last night and we'll never came back. I assume he is with Corey but I am not really sure.

I was startled when the oven beeped and I quickly walked over to put the turkey in the oven. I sighed this was to overwhelming at 6:00 in the morning. I went to go lay in the couch for a minute when I heard crutches I groaned knowing it was Matt coming to ask if he can help.

"Alex?" His voice was questionable as he looked down at me half asleep on the couch.

"Yes Matthew?" I asked.

"Would you like me to do anything like at all I know you've been up since the ungodly hours." He chuckles and soon I join in.

"Matt you're hurt I can't expect you to do anything for me. I've got this under control all I have left is to organize the bathrooms vacuum and bake a cake. I should be fine." I faked a smile knowing it would be at least three hours before this was done. Unfortunately Matt could see right through my smile. He crutches over to the kitchen and started gathering ingredients for a cake. I knew he had no idea what measurements and if it was going to be a special flavor or just vanilla so I wrote a recipe. I had it memorized since I baked all the time with my fake family. I sighed knowing that there was no way in stopping Matt once he started helping he's such a great guy I hope I can find someone like him one day.