steve rogers ≫ is it weird?

Everything had changed after Steve Rogers, better known as Captain America or the Star Spangled Man With A Plan, was found. Fury had every agent keeping an eye out on him, making sure that no one tried to kidnap him, mainly HYDRA. Of course, he was a very strong man and could most likely defend himself if it came down to that type of situation but Fury didn't want to take any risks in that matter.

You had been assigned to look after Steve and get him used to the world, he was the man out of time after all.

You waited on him in a car outside his apartment building. You were flicking through his data file when the door to the car opened. You looked up to lock eyes with none other than Steve Rogers.

"Morning, Cap. I'm Agent (Y/L/N), but you can call me (Y/N)." You introduced yourself politely, holding your hand out for him to shake. He looked at hesitantly before returning the gesture.

"Good Morning, Ma'am. I'm Steve Rogers, but I'm sure you already know that." He smiled, his pearly white teeth showing.

"Yes, of course I do." You chuckled to yourself, starting the car engine. "Well, we best get on with our day."

_________________________

You had shown Steve all around the place, you had taken him to the Smithsonian, you had taken him shopping, out for brunch. You were now both currently walking through a park.

"Is it weird?" You asked suddenly, breaking the comfortable silence that had set around you both.

"Is what weird?" He question, his face furrowing in confusion.

"Being here." You started. "It must be strange waking up and finding out you've been asleep for roughly 70 years. I know I would find it strange. You have to get used to all of...this." You said, gesturing to everything around you.

"Well yeah, I guess it is. I miss my friends, especially Bucky, he was my best friend." You couldn't help but feel sorry for him. You don't know what you would do if you were to wake up only to find out that you had been frozen for 70 years and that all your family and friends were either six feet under or in care homes.

You continued your walk through the park, the silence falling over you two again. You knew you'd have to take Steve home soon, but you didn't really want to leave him. You had enjoyed the day you'd spent with him.
"You know, you've always got me. If you ever feel like you don't have anyone, you can come to me." You said, taking his hand in your own.

"Thank you, (Y/N)." He smiled, pulling you into a short hug. His strong arms wrapped around your smaller frame. Your heart warmed at his gesture. You knew you would look forward to having Steve around in the future.

___________________

I know this isn't very long, please forgive me but I thought it was kinda cute. I just watched Captain America: The First Avenger and I'm actually so emotionally unstable right now, like, it's unreal I don't know wether to cry or be happy...

Anyways, hope you enjoy!

P.S - thank you for 2k reads!