Chapter 5: Never Again

Anna's Pov

My eyes widened and I promised to a flamingo's beak my jaw dropped to the floor, died, and went to heaven.

This can't be happening! Please!

I glanced towards David, who I found staring back at me. Emotion flashed through his eyes, but was immediately masked with a neutral expression. He turned back to Mrs.Chewy, who had just finished announcing the list of partners she had assigned.

"Now students, go find your partner I assigned you to. I'm very sorry to say this, but all pairs are final. So don't try and come up to me asking you want a new partner. This is highschool, so act mature. For the rest of the period, plan the topic and the outline for your project. I expect you at least have at least an outline at the end of class." She waved off the class to their partners, then walked back to her desk to prepare for the next class.

The classroom filled with rustles and faint whispers as they headed off in different directions, trying to find their partner.

I heard a tap on my desk. I look up and my eyes meet a familiar pair of blue irises, ones I haven't seen up close in a while. All of last year's memories flashed through my mind. Being laughed at in the lunchroom, crying every night for a month, barely eating. He used to be the best thing that has ever happened to me, but he turned out to my my worst nightmare.

"So, shall we get started?" He questioned, playfully wiggling his eyebrows. He grinned light heartedly, making my blood boil at how he pretended our past didn't exist; how all the things he had done to me never happened.

Are you serious? Honey, please, I ain't buying that junk.

"Sure! But I have some rules before we start." I appointed. Just then, I yanked his shirt and pulled him up so we were on the same eye level. His eyes nearly bulged out of his head, and his mouth gaped open in surprise.

"I still remember what happened that day. Don't you try to sugar me up sister, or I promise you, you won't live a day." I warned. "Don't touch me, don't bother me, and only talk to me if it's about the ding dang project. Got it?"

He stood there, frozen with fear by my sudden outburst, which was actually a good thing.

"U-um yeah." He managed to choke out.

I smirked and let go of his shirt, calmly sitting down in my seat, pretending nothing happened. Good thing it was loud in the classroom, or we would've made quite the scene. But eh who cares? That would've made it better. I could picture it. The whole student body spreading the news about how the "oh-so" little girl who managed to scare the pea brains out of the popular boy. I could live with that.

I looked back at him, saying "Well, like you said, shall we get started?"

David slowly shook his head, keeping eye contact with me. I will never ever forgive this guy. There's no way I can. He's given me so much grief, too much to handle sometimes. He doesn't deserve me anymore. I know that for sure.

Never Again.

"So? Any ideas for our project?" I suggested, shaking off the well-known feeling that had subconciously formed in the pit of my stomach.

"Uhm well, to be honest, I think we should do the interior volcanoe project. Seems cool." He offered.

"Sounds like a plan to me."