Chapter 36: I'm Okay?

Anna's Pov

"Wha..." My voice drifts off, my jaw slacking to the floor. My eyes nearly pop out of their sockets, and I hear a clatter as I drop my beverage, the liquid spilling on Ava's Vans.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" She shrieks. Louis rushes to snatch some napkins from a nearby table, quickly handing them to the fuming girl.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"
I retort, averting my gaze to the curly haired brunette. "Having a family reunion in Ireland huh?"

"W-well, I-it got canceled?" He stated, but more of questioning his explanation.

"Bullcrap!" David speaks up, finally out of his daze to defend me. He had already set down his drink on the table, which was probably what I should have done beforehand. Well, since it spilt on Ava's shoes, I have no regrets whatsoever.

"Shut up Douchey Davey. You're not part of this." Louis snarls.

"If this concerns Anna, hell yeah I would be a part of this. Who's the idiot you were talking about?"

I flicker my eyes upon the tomatoe red-faced brunette, who quickly glances in Ava's direction for assistance. However, she smirks and rests her elbow on her knee, simply enjoying the oh so wonderful performance.

Louis huffs and takes a step towards David, heights similar, but David is taller by a centimeter. Both of the boys bore deathly glares at one another, until Louis starts ranting.

"Stop trying to act like the hero you'll never be. You're worthless. You're a piece of crap no one would ever want. You're nothing. I bet you're always lonely and your poor self clings to Anna like a little boy needs his mommy. I hope you rot in hell. That's the only thing you deserve. You don't deserve Anna, your family, you whole life. Just kill yourself already."

I practically almost physically roll my eyes, scoffing at how cliché and lame it sounded. Yet, when I looked at David, my suspicions were wrong.

The blue eyed male was the first to break eye contact, slowly backing away, mouthing and repeating phrases to himself. It was as if the words Louis said triggered something in him. Sympathy and confusion surged inside me as I watched the tears gather at the corners of his eyes, David struggling to take deep breaths. Louis smirks in victory as he watches the blonde teen sprinting out of the shop.

I shake my head as I stepped forward. I first glance into his jade green irises, then hear the contact as my hand connects with his face.

"Don't. You. Ever. Come. Near. Us. Again."

I leave the shocked brunette frozen in his spot as I rush out of the store, leaving the scene behind me. The only thought and word running through my mind was David David David. Our condition was alike to any other best friend relationship; one individual was hurt, the other suffered as well. However, we were both hurting, which made matters worse.

Thoughts run constantly through my mind as I dashed towards his house with all my strength could handle.

Was I the idiot? What happened anyway? Why did David break down so easily? Why was Louis acting this way? Why did Ava kiss him? Are they together?

The continuous contemplating abrutly halts as I spot David fast walking towards his front door.

"David!" I call out, but he refuses to answer.

I luckily get a grasp on his wrist, wincing as he whimpers and shouts, "Ow! Stop!" He yanks his arm out of my reach; same to as the previous times I have done this.

"Are you okay?" I question, gesturing towards both his wrist and what had just happened.

"I'm okay." He stammers, making me nearly cringe at his dishonesty. So much has happened, yet he refuses to tell me whats wrong?

"No. Stop. Don't tell my you're okay. I know you're not. I'm tired of this shizzle, tell me what's wrong." I state firmly. What? I refuse to curse, regardless of the situation. Get over it.

"It's true."

"What?"

"What he said." He shakily replies, a quiet sob breaking throughout his body. "It's true."

"No, it's not."

"It is!" He exclaims loudly. "I'm pathetic! I can't even get my life together! I'm the most idiotic, hideous, worthess human being in the world. I'm a loser! I shouldn't have friends that I don't deserve, and I shouldn't live a life I'm not worthy for. Why am I even alive? I bet no one would care if I died!"

"I would!" I retort.

"No, you can't! You don't! You shouldn't! You shouldn't forgive me! You shouldn't talk to me like I'm a good person."

"You are one! Stop saying things about yourself that aren't true!" I scream.

David breathes heavily and forces his dark gray sleeve up his wrists, shouting "Pathetic! See? I'm pathetic! I deserve this! If not, deeper. More."

I felt numb, dumbfounded as I scanned how many marks of scars and cuts scattered all over his wrists. There were barely any clean skin anynore. How could someone slice so much?

"David..." I manage to choke out. I carefully lift his wrist with my hand and squint as I attempt to count how many times he cut.

How many times I wasn't there for him.

"I..." David stutters, "I w-wanted to f-feel in c-control. I n-needed these. They help me escape."

I flicker my gaze to my best friend, watching as he stammers out the words, more to himself than me.

"This isn't the way to escape." I whisper.

"I want to die." He cries out, "No, I need to!"

"David, you don't want to and you won't. You deserve more than this. More than you could ever imagine."

"M-my mom is cheating with her freakin boss. Who does that? My dad barely comes home. If he does, he's either upstairs locked in his room or drunk. My sister is dead. Her last breath was while she was holding my hand. I deserve this. I even left you. Why are you here?"

"Enough about what happened between us. No matter what crap we go through, I'll be here. Everything will soon get better. I promise."

And I honestly don't even know if that will actually happen. But I have a strong feeling it will, I just know.

"I'm here." I breath out, as I start pecking kisses on each cut on his wrist.

After a couple of minutes, I hesitantly glance up through my eyelashes, seeing his now relaxed expression.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm okay."

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
Hello loves! Very busy week! Sorry if this chapter was too cliché and dumb, and I'm literally sorry because this chapter sucks donkey balls! Thanks for reading!