Chapter 48: Happily

Anna's Pov

Ever since David and I had worked out our misunderstanding, everything kind of went back to normal. It seemed as if nothing had ever happened. Well, except the moments where David describes how he will beat up Louis and leave his "handprints" all over his body. I never bothered to convince him out of it, because of all the years I had known David, once he is devoted to a decision, you can't get him out of it. Sometimes I protested against it to be a good person, but I would practically do the beating up for him.

Obviously I explained everything over the phone with Riley, but I left out the scene with David's self harm. I didn't know whether it was right or not to tell her. I didn't want to meddle into David's business by telling people about his depression, but at the same time I felt that maybe telling people would be the right thing, especially his dad. At some point I know I would have to, but David seems to be improving. Apart from the incident with Louis, he seems to not cut at all anymore.

It was Sunday; the day after the incident. The day prior when I arrived home, my mother literally pinned me down to the couch and demanded details. Similar to Riley, I had told them what had happened, but I never mentioned a speck of blood. I had just told my parents that Mr. Parker let me in the house and made up the rest of the events of how David was in his room sleeping. I lied that when he woke up, he resisted at first, but gave me a chance to explain a couple of minutes later. It was very similar to the true story, so it didn't really bother me that much.

"Anna!" I heard my mom's voice yell from downstairs. "Hurry up! We still have to pick up David!"

Somehow, my mother forced me into inviting David to lunch with my family. She claimed to want to know all the "juicy" gist of our relationship. She continously gushed about her and my father's relationship in highschool, making my dad blush in embarrassment the stories she told me. She spoke about a memory when my dad had to pee in their front yard on their third date because my mom had forgotten her house key. To make matters worse, her parents wouldn't be at the house for another hour. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

"I'll be down in a minute!" I called back. I hopped around my room, struggling to get my combat boots on. Stupid huge heels; I've always had a problem trying to fit the shoes around them.

By the time I got downstairs, I was literally ready to throw a tantrum.

Earlier when I hopped into the shower; ready to sing my heart out to Sia, I was only met with the blast of freezing cold water across my body. It was not long before I figured out that my mother used all the hot water for another one of her hour-long showers.

When I came out of the shower, I realized I had forgotten to bring my clothes to bathroom. Thus spending fifteen minutes crouching down and waddling to my bedroom.

As if things couldn't get worse, when put on my faborite white knitted sweater and jeans on, it was a recipe for disaster. First off, my enormous heels couldn't fit through cuffs at the end of the jeans and I jumped around my room trying to get them through. Furthermore, I had accidentally tripped on my backpack and ran into my coat rack, one of the hooks piercing though the clothing. The caught thread loosened with every move I made, and I knew there was no way of getting out of this situation the right way. Long story short; my sweater isn't a sweater anymore.

"Well you're looking gorgeous today!" My mother complimented happily.

"You are too, nice hair you've got there." I replied pointedly at her neatly curled strawberry blond hair.

"Oh thanks! I deep conditioned it! Amazing!" She sing songed, rocking on her heels as she sang.

"Wow must've taken you an hour. Maybe even long enough to give your daughter freezing cold water to feel like she's taking the ice bucket challenge a million times." I crossed my arms.