Chapter 35: Bloody Brilliant

Anna's Pov

"Hello. It's me."

"Shut up."

"Hello from the other side."

"Anna, please. I'm going to cut my ears off if you keep singing that overrated overplayed overdone song." I hear David grunt on the phone.

"Want to hang out today Douchey Davey?" I ask. I rest the phone between my ear and shoulder as I happily set my backpack down on my bedroom floor.

It was finally Friday and I was absolutely beyond annoyed that I had no plans whatsoever during the weekend. With Riley focusing on her newfound "boyfriend" and Louis traveling back to Ireland for a family reunion, it was definitely a struggle figuring out what to do in a lonely, quiet house. Please, don't even let me start on my parents. What was the point anyway?

"Wait, what did you just call me?"

"Nothing." I singsong, hopping onto my bed.

"I-I'm kind of busy. Maybe tommorow, yeah?" I distinctly hear shuffling on the other line of the phone call signaling he was just probably cleaning his room, which he always used to do in our previous phone calls. He would always explain to me how he fidgety he could become while talking to another person through the cell, so he would at least do something productive in the meantime.

In my opinion, why not just watch television or eat pizza? To be completely honest, tidying up my room would be the last activity I would do. Sometimes, I have suggesting thoughts of inviting David over to my house and just calling him over the phone while walking around the neighborhood. Therefore, when I come home, my room would be squeaky clean and no chores would be needed to complete.

Too manipulative? Eh, I beg to differ.

"Why not? We had a great time yesterday!"

Well, aside from the unforgettable incident.

And no, I'm not about accidentally peeing, but a more serious situation. Do you understand what I'm attempting to get at right now? No? Well too darn bad.

"I'm busy, Anna. I have a life too!"

"Oh you do?" I smirk as I could picture his scowl, with his nose cutely crinkled and his eyes adorably slightly twitch.

"Hey! Wow, what a way to convince me to say yes." He retorts.

"Fine, I'm sorry! Was that a yes then?"

"No."

"Please!" I plead, "I have nothing else better to do! I'm dying of boredom over here!"

"That's physically impossible."

"Sorry Mr. 'Know it all'. We can go to your favorite ice cream store! See Carol again! Oh, how I miss that chubby cheeky old lady!"

"I'm not in the mood for ice cream. Besides, we went there yesterday. I swear, you want to give me diabetes woman." He whines, his voice muffling.

"Starbucks."

"What?"

"We could go to Starbucks and have some deliciously delicious beverages of deliciousness."

"Fine, when?"

"I'll should probably see you in," I quickly take my phone away from my ear and glance at the clock, then readjust it in its prior position. "Fifteen minutes tops."

"Do I leave the house now or?"

"No, next year." I sarcastically reply.

"Alright, fine. See you in a bit. Bye."

"Okay, buh bye."

***

"Can I have a White Chocolate Mocha Espresso and a Salted Caramel Frappuccino?" David appoints to the cashier, squinting in concentration as he glances quickly over the beverage menu.

"Okay, that would be $9.47."

"Here you go." He quickly hands her a ten dollar from his wallet he held. "Keep the change."

As the blue eyed male and I sauntered over to to drink pickup section of the coffee shop, I question "How do you know what I drink?"

"You have always ordered it in the past, so I just assumed you would want it again." He shrugs.

After just a couple minutes of chatting, a bartender gives David and I our selected drinks.

I take a gulp of the warm espresso, savouring the simple sweet and effective taste. We stroll together to the corner of the room, taking a seat at a small redwood table in the corner with cushioned chairs on either side.

"So what have you been up to this week?" I wiggle my eyebrows jokingly.

"N-nothing much." He stammers, subconciously tugging on his dark gray sleeves.

"Well, it's pretty much the same old for me. To be honest, I understand that my parents work and all to provide for us, but it's like they're never home. I usually have to cook some basic stuff for myself or eat leftovers from what my mom cooks the previous midnight."

"Yeah," He replies quietly. I take mentally take note as he winces and glances down at his wrist.

What has been going on with him lately? Is this really just an image shift? I may be oblivious sometimes, but the way he's been acting frequently is definitely crystal clear as glass. The dark clothes, the sometimes shy and depressed attitude, the wrist pressing. Is he what I believe he is? Is he de-

"Well, isn't it the little arsehole Anna?"

I whip my gaze towards the all too well known nasally voice.

"H-hi Ava." David greets, sending a noticable fake smile in her direction.

I nearly gag at the amount of how much makeup she had on her face. Her face looked like a whole different skin tone from the rest of her body. To make matters even worse, she wore a black leggings and a horrid yellow blouse. What does she think she is? A bumblebee? Now, that's just a massive insult to bees. Not to compliment her or anything, but why does her beauty have to go to waste? If appearance represented personalities, she would look like the Grinch's hideous little sister.

"Ava, please go away and blind someone else. And frankly honey, David and I look forward to actually seeing at the end of the day." I smirk as I hear David chokes on his Frappichino from laughter, then trying to cover it in a cough.

"Whatever." She scowls.

All of a sudden, a figure from the corner of my vision charges towards our direction, clearly not aware of David and I.

"Hi babe! What are we going to do with the idiot this we-" the person immediately pauses and turns red from embarrassment.

I freeze, gobsmacked by the presence of someone who was supposed to be in Ireland.

"Hey Louis!" I cringe as Ava turns happily around, making sure I noticed as she pressed her lips against his cheeks sloppily.

Bloody brilliant ain't it?

●■●■●■●■●■■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■
Hello loves! Thanks for reading!