Chapter 15: Dumbstruck Dummy

Anna's Pov

After the last bell rang, I rushed to the front of the school, where I waited for David. Once he arrived with his belongings in his backpack, we started our short trip to the ice cream parlor.

Since the journey was only about three minutes from the school, we didn't really make an effort to start a conversation. But surprisingly, we didn't mind the silence. 

As soon as I entered the ice cream parlor, I was greeted with the sweet scent of vanilla. I glanced around the shop in awe; this was definetely a place like none other I've seen before. The walls were covered with dark red wallpaper, making the shop have a homey sentiment to it. There were with couches and coffee tables scattered evenly across the room, and a gummy bear chandelier hung in the middle of the room.

"Hi Carol!" David said, acknowledging the middle aged brunette who stood behind the cash register.

"Hey Dave! What would you like today hon? The regu-" She stopped, and narrowed her eyes on me. "Oh my David?! Who is this fine young girl? Is she your girlfriend?

"C-Carol! No s-she's not!" David stuttered, his cheeks flaming bright red. "S-she's just a friend.."

"Sure...." Carol trailed off, and she made no effort to hide her smirk. She smiled kindly in my direction, questioning, "What would you like David's so called 'friend'?"

"Hmm.. I'll have a small mint chocolate chip." I replied, then my eyes lit up. "Oh! And crushed Butterfinger as well!"

"I knew you'd still like that. Never gonna change huh?" David inquired, giving me an amused grin.

  "So what's your name hon?" Carol cut in, while perfectly fitting my minty treat on the cone.

  "Anna. " I licked my lips as she trickled my treat with the crushed butterfinger. She handed me my delectable frozen desert, and then started making David's "regular" she had mentioned earlier.

  "Oh my! You must be the famous Anna that David talks non-stop about! The kid can't shut up about you!" Carol blurted out, using her arms to emphasize her statement.

  "N-no I dont!" David covered his hands over his cherry red face. "Okay okay, we're done. Hurry up!"

  "Fine, fine." Carol surrendered, finally handing David his red velvet ice cream with cookie dough on top.

  "Thank you!" We shouted in unison.

After David handed her the money, we took a seat on a red couch in the corner of the room, by the front window of the store. Just then, my favorite song started blasting through the speakers of the room, filling the whole store with music.

"Oh my gosh!" I squealed, mouthing the words out as I ate my ice cream.

"Hey, wanna listen to a really bad pun joke?" David glanced in my direction.

"Shush up! My song is on!" I held up my hand as I took another lick of my ice cream. No one, I mean no one, will interuppt a directioner while he/she is listening to "Perfect".

Slay Harry, slay.

During the whole song, I was swaying to the whole song, but David was a whole different story. All he did was stare at me with an odd look on his face, but I could definitely care less about it.

"Wow, I guess you haven't gotten over the boys yet, huh?"

"David, even though it's been two years since we talked, doesn't mean I've changed into a whole new person." I rolled my eyes. "And being a directioner isn't a 'phase', it's a lifestyle."

"Okay, whatever then. Now can I tell my unbelievably hilarious joke?"

"Sure." I replied, turning my body to face him.

"Okay," He clapped and rubbed his palms together. "So, what did the flag say to the other?"

"First off, that is a very bad joke. Second, I used to know the answer to that stupid question but I just forgot. And third, why do you torture me like this?"

"Okay, get ready. Ready? Okay listen to this gold: nothing, they just waved." David snorted, trying to prevent himself from laughing.

"That's so lame!" I scoffed.

"You're lame for not knowing the answer!" He retorted playfully, nudging me with one arm.

"Boohoo! You lo-" I paused before I finished off my sentence. I almost said it, the phrase I always used to use to tease him back then.

  I laughed again nervously, attempting to cover my foolish mistake. I stuffed my face with ice cream, collecting a wierd look from David.

 "Well, I guess it's no secret you like the ice cream here. I told you that it would be good."

  "I guess you did." I shugged. "Do you come here often? It seems you are very good with Carol." I noted, hinting at what Carol said about David talking non-stop about me.

  "Actually, I come here whenever I have the opportunity to. This is the place where I normally relax and think. I found this place at the end of last year, and I've loved this shop ever since." He explained.

  I know, I must be acting way too calm right now. About what? About the fact that Carol said he talks about me. That's pretty much all I'm thinking about right now. Want to know how I am on the inside?

  Meanwhile in my brain..; OMG HE TALKS ABOUT ME AHAHHA REALLY KMG HE DOES HE DOES NO WAY DOES HE LIKE ME DOES HE NOT OMG I SHOULD GET A FLOWER AND TEAR THE PETALS OFF OR SOMETHING!

  Never mind... the whole petal picking thing sounds too cliché for me.. BUT STILL!

  It's amazing how I'm very relaxed at this moment. It took every ounce of my strength and ability to not sprint across town shouting, "HE TALKS ABOUT ME! NOT YOU! ME!"

  Jolly jeepers, I'm a dumbstruck dummy.
««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««
Hello! I tweaked this chapter a bit, well, like A LOT! I know, it sucked at first. However, I tried my best to edit and make the chapter better for you awesome people to read! Thanks for reading the chapter! Chapter 16 will be out soon!