Chapter 41: Mine

David's Pov

Breathe I repeated to myself.

It was currently Monday morning, and I was striving to maintain my confidence and composure. Yesterday Anna and I had planned that we would both stroll to school together, but I had a few different intentions in mind.

The day prior, she had gloated joyfully that her parents would have the day off on Monday, and she would finally not have a lonely afternoon. Therefore, I had counted the aspect as as opportunity to eventually grant their permission.

I could faintly hear the sizzling of cooking food and the muffled conversations from the other side of the door. I breathed out and adjusted the strap on my backpack, then held up a shaking fist and knocked on the Redwood door.

As the sound of footsteps got louder, my heartbeat beated twice as fast. It was not long before the door had flew open, revealing a middle aged woman who resembled Anna's mother.

"H-hi Mrs. Marc-"

"Oh my goodness! You're here!" She squealed, not wasting another second before yanking my body in a excruciatingly tight embrace.

"E-erm.... C-can't..." I wheezed out.

"Oh sorry love!" She babbled out, obviously excited for my presence. "How have you been! I haven't seen you in forever!"

"It's great to see you too. You look stunning as always." I complimented.

"Aw, thanks Davey! I've really missed you!" She grinned cheekily.

I internally beamed and sighed in relief. Anna's mom and dad had always been like my second parents throughout my life. Especially before they started constantly working; they treated me as if I was their own flesh and blood.

Maybe questioning for their permission would not be as difficult as I thought it would be.

Maybe.

"David! My boy!" I heard a male voice from behind Mrs.Marcy. I smile at his tall muscular frame, but the butterflies in my stomach seemed to flutter with more force than ever.

"H-hi." I slightly waved. I let an "Oomph" when I'm instantly engulfed in another affectionate hug by both parents, which I happily return.

My goodness, how I've missed these psychopaths.

"How have you been?" They chimed in unison, loosening their grip to look at me.

"Busy." I stated simply. "Very busy."

"Well then, Anna will be done getting ready in a few moments." Anna's mother assured."Do you need anything? Water? Breakfast? I just finished cooking pancakes a while ago."

"As lovely as that sounds, I'll have to pass up on your offer. Can we talk about something?"

"Sure Dave!" Mr.Marcy smiled genuinely, gesturing for me to take a seat on their living room couch that was just a few feet away. He let out a breath and positioned himself beside me, Anna's mother following his actions.

"So, what's up?" He clapped and rubbed his hands together.

Nerves took over my body like haywire and fear coursed through my veins. I was petrified. Petrified of not recieving their permission. Petrified of how they are going to react.

What if they refuse to let me date their daughter? Did they know about what happened between us? Will they forgive me?

I hadn't realized I had got caught in my constant pondering until a comforting hand touch my knee in reassurance.

"Don't be shy. You can trust us." Anna's mom soothed.

I took a deep breath in and exhaled, subsiding all of my wondrous thoughts. I reluctantly gave into her comfort tumbling the words out of my mouth before I changed my mind, "W-well, I like your daughter. I was wondering if I could have permission to be in a relationship with her?"

I immediately closed my eyes shut, waiting hopefully for their response. I had kind of expected for a jab, a slap, a kick, or possibly even yelling at how I wasn't good enough to be in a relationship with their daughter.

"Oh.. my.. God!" Mrs.Marcy screeched, making me flinch and slowly open my eyes to see their overjoyed expressions. "Dava is alive! Aw, that was so adorable! Asking for permission from the parents! Such a keeper!"

"Of course!" They both chanted. I was literally tackled into the creme cushions, with two pairs of arms clutching me to their chests.

"Mom! Dad! You're killing the poor boy!" I heard Anna yell from the top of the stairs, dismantling the gut wrenching embrace.

I tore my gaze away from her parents, glancing at the stunning female.

It was a bit cliché actually. She wore a simple outfit that consisted of dark jeans, a black t-shirt, and maroon Vans, but she looked like a princess in my eyes.

"Babe! See that?! That's how you look at me!" I faintly heard her mom whisper shout in her husband's ear, who nodded in agreement.

"Good morning." She greeted, her cheeks flaming with scarlet.

"Morning. You look beautiful." I secretly fist bumped myself as her pale face got two shades darker.

Did I really have this effect on her?

"U-uhm." She stammered out, looking flustered. "I should start eating, we only have about seven minutes until we have to head to school."

"No take your time!" Anna's mother babbled out. "We'll drive you to school, no worries. Your dad and I will be in the living room; call us when your ready."

"Okay.." The strawberry blond teenager trailed off.

I slightly waved to her parents as we entered the dining room, and pancakes were displayed on a plate.

"Want some?" She questioned.

"Sure, thanks." I smiled. I quickly managed to grab the serving utensils, laying the food gently on her plate and then setting some on mine.

After a few moments, we ate quietly, but in a comfortable silence. I would attempt to steal glances at the stunning woman, who would sometimes catch my gaze in return.

"I asked your parents for permission." I stated bluntly, not waiting another second to tell her the news. "They said yes."

"Oh my goodness really?!" She squealed, dashing over to me to peck a quick kiss on my cheek. "Well then, you're now my boyfriend. Boyfriend. Boyfriend. Woah, that sounds amazing!" She happily sing songed. Her antsy expression starting to fade, and was now replaced with a slight frown.

"What's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"The school hates me! A-and you're popular! What will the student body think?"

"Well, let's find out." I said, grabbing both of our plates and placing them into the sink. I passed the living room, snatching both of our backpacks by the couch and called for Anna's parents that we were ready.

"Mom! Dad! Time to go!" I rushed out, using the names I had used to always call them before the event in sixth grade. I nudged Anna towards the car, and held both of our backpacks as we both climbed in the vehicle. I could feel her hand shaking beneath my grasp as I held onto it tightly, making sure she was okay.

I didn't plan or intend on hiding our relationship anytime soon, and to be honest, I wanted every soul in the world to know that Anna was officially mine. Mine.

Woah, Anna was right. That actually sounds amazing.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Hello loves! Not the best or eventful chapter, but it had to be done! Thanks for reading!