Chapter 26: What Happens, Happens

Anna's Pov

Have you ever had a moment in your life when you felt like the world stopped? Time stopped? Even your heartbeat pauses. Sound can't be heard. All you can focus on is the moment.

I couldn't comprehend what was happening to me. All I knew was that there were something warm on my lips, and there were closed eyes in front of me. The only possible thing I could do was repeat this words;

David.

Is.

Kissing.

Me.

This made me realize another thing.

  David.

  Stole.

  My.

  First.

  Kiss.

What do I do?! I knew this moment wouldn't last if I wouldn't take action of this situation. My first kiss shouldn't be lame, I wanted it to be special.

All of a sudden, the warm source was gone; as well as my hopes. I didn't have the chance to kiss back; to return the favor that I liked him. I mentally face palmed myself.

"I-I-I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to! Well, I did, I just didn't know if it was a reaction or reflex y-you were just right there and I couldn't control myself ugh! I really like you and I guess I messed up everything! Stupid stupid stupid!" David mumbles under his breath, pacing the room. He tries to not meet my eyes. His face was clearly and visibly red from what just had happened. His hands were shaking in fear.

If only I could speak.

I just practically stood frozen in my spot, a blushing mess. My hands unconsciously crept onto my face, brushing against my lips. My heart beat incredibly fast. As cliché as it sounded, I felt as if it would burst out of my chestany second. I blinked rapidly and pinched the skin on my arm as hard as I could.
Is this a dream? Why am I still here?

I felt the pain shooting around the area where I had hurt myself, making me wince.

Yep, not dreaming alright.

I tore my gaze from my arm back to the blond male that was hyperventilating in front of me. I could hear his faint cursing under his breath. His blond quiff was messed up by running his hands hands through his hair so much.

"Idiot, idiot, idiot, idiot!" David slapped his forehead multiple times. He breathed harshly, whispering incoherent words that I could understand.

  "David it's o-"

  "Ugh! Stupid idiot! Idiot! Stupid!"

  "David I-"

  "Such a stupid idiot! What was I thinking?! Idiot! Stu-"

  "David!" I shouted impatiently. He stopped immediately and his eyes widened at me; afraid of my next response. The way he looked so vulnerable made my heart melt. He was usually so confident and carefree. Now the person that stood before was so fragile and weak. It's difficult to comprehend how a person so strong could turn into what he is now.

  "It's okay. You're not an idiot." I breathed out, no words coming to mind. What should I say in a situation like this? Am I really going to confess my feelings right now?

  "W-well," I stutter. "I actually feel the-"

  "We're home!" I whip my head towards the source, and find my parents grinning sheepishly in front of the staircase.

  "Not right now mom..." I sigh, mentally face palming myself.

  "Well you know what?" I-I kind of need to go home now." David interrupts, face filled with relief. "See you guys later! Nice seeing you!" By the blink of an eye, he paces out the door, disappearing in the distance.

  "Ughh!" I scream in frustration. I ignore my parents' presence and storm towards my room. "Why do you guys have to ruin everything!?"
◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆
Hello loves! Sorry for the bad chapter! Kind of busy this week! Thanks for reading!