Chapter 45: Unwelcomed

Anna Pov

It was finally Friday; a day every human being welcomed. There were no constant assignments to stress about and plans are bound to be free. In other words, the weekend was my definition of paradise during the school year. Also, the weekend meant more time to spend and a schedule to fill with David.

Ever since David became my boyfriend, it was as if my life revolved around him. I absolutely loved the time spent with the lad and loathed the moments when we were apart. It was as if he was my drug, my medicine, my cure. I depended my life around this simple crystal blue eyed boy, and I honestly didn't mind one bit.

The whole school day felt like eternity, and I literally bolted out of the classroom once the bell rang. I paced through the crowd of students to my locker and swung open the door in a blink of an eye. I quickly attempted to shove and smack my items into my backpack; slightly smiling and nodding to the children who greeted me as they passed. I was still trying to get used to all of the greetings and kindness, but I knew I never could. It was way too different from before.

Impatience starting to form, I stood up and zipped my backpack while I walked to my boyfriend's locker. By the time I arrived, I nearly knocked David over when I swung the bag over my shoulder.

"Woah, woah!" He stepped back as the bag whipped past his head. "What's got you in such a rush?"

"Sorry, sorry!" I blushed furiously. "I just wanted to see you before you go to basketball practice."

"Cutie." He pinched my right flushed cheek. "That's very adorable of my Annabear. Oh, and you said I'm cliché huh?"

"Shut up. You're so mean." I covered my face with my hands, my strawberry blond hair shielding it like a blanket.

"Only for you love. Only for you." He winked, making me drop my hands and stick out my tongue at his amused expression.

"Well, I better get going home and finish up typing my essay for English. Are you busy after practice?"

"Not at all. What do you have in mind?" He questioned.

"Well, do you want to go to the ice cream shop after?" I suggested. "We don't have to go if you dont want to." I quickly added consciously.

"Whatever you would like. As long as we're together, I don't mind." He smiled.

"O-okay." I stammered shyly. "Text me when you're ready, okay?"

"Okay. I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too." I grinned back, stepping on my tippy toes to plant a kiss on his plump lips.

"Bye love." He waved back at me, gripping onto his sports bag as he started his route to the boy's locker rooms on the other side of the school.

"Bye." I breathed out. No matter how many times I say this, kissing the blond male always felt like the first. Sparks fly, fireworks go off, and shocks enchant me.

The journey home was very silent and lonely; filled with desperate attempts to contact Riley, but as always, she was busy. My constant texts were replied by minimal short responses, and it seemed more like a one sided conversation on my part.

When I arrived at my house, I hastily charged towards the office room we had upstairs; a place my family barely used. It was normally used by my mother when she payed the bills, and I used the room to type essays on the computers.

I sat myself in front of the Apple desktop, gathering my rough draft from my backpack while the computer turned on. Once I had everything set up, I started quickly typing; hoping to finish the paper by the time David's basketball practice ended. After about forty five minutes, I proudly held a printed essay in my palm. I placed the piece of paper carefully in my binder and walked to my bedroom. I settled my belongings on the floor by my dresser and plonked face first in the mass of pillows.