Chapter 8: Over Again

Anna's Pov

The last bell of the library rang throughout the school and I started maling my way towards the library, where David and I would meet for the research needed for our project.

I entered through the library doors and sat at a nearby table, tapping my fingers anxiously as I waited for David to show up. I took a glance around the room, listening to the sounds of faint whispers and turning pages around the room. Some children were seated on computers, either doing research or playing a video game. The silence and whole aura of the room seemed peaceful.

I peered out in the hallway through the windows of the doors to see if David had arrived.

At this moment, I knew, I messed up.

There, I saw David and Ava... MAKING OUT!

What the pineapples?

The two "love birds" released eachother and said their goodbyes. David winked flirtatiously one last times before heading towards the library entrance. I rapidly scrambled to my chair and grabbed a random book from the next table and pretended to read.

He walked up to me, with a huge grin on his face. He ran his hand through his hair, and looked down at me with his ocean blue eyes.

Stupid grin. Stupid silky blond hair. Stupid blue orbs.

"Uh hey. Whatcha readin there?" He pulled back a chair and sat down, then turned to face me where I was expertly reading a book. Expertly.

"A book..." I answered.

"Well, your 'book' is upside down." He said with an amused smile.

"Who cares?! Did I mention that I happen to love reading books upside down?" I retorted. "Can we just start already?"

"Sure." David responded.

We headed over to the computers, with a piece of notebook paper and pencil in hand. We sat down at the computers in the corner of the library; the quietest section in the room.

We sat down, and started searching up a few facts about volcanoes that we could put in our report.

I tried concentrating on my research, but seeing David staring at me from the corner of my eye, it was bound to be practically impossible.

"What?" I whisper-yelled. I rolled my eyes, trying to prevent myself to blush at the fact that he was relentlessly staring at me.

Stupid blush! Stop blushing! I scolded myself.

My constant chanting was put to a stop when a chair slightly screeching caught my attention.

"So, I've been thinking.. that maybe we should start all over again." He suggested, his innocent and bubbly personality seeping through. "That we could go back to being friends again. Possibly mend the wound in our friendship. It could be better for the both of us."

I snorted.  Aha! Are you serious? Girl, PUH LEEZ! You can suck gumballs and choke on them for all I care.

"There is no 'friendship' to mend" I spat. "Even though we're doing this project together doesn't mean were 'friends'. You're such a retard."

"Well, can I at least try to gain your trust back?" He offered.

"Well... more like gain the aspect of not me wanting to hit you all of the time. You're way below trust. Also, gaining that is definetely positively not going to ever happen." I respond.

"Well, I'll take whatever I can get." He shrugged.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Hi readers! I hope you liked this new chapter! Please don't forget to vote! Thank you for reading!