Chapter 29: Tears My Soul

David's Pov

Drip. Drip. Drip.

I stand still, frozen in my spot. I'm unable to move due to the shock coursing through my veins. The cafeteria stays quiet. I could taste the tension throughout the air.

I could barely see with all the milk running down my face, and the cookie crumbs made my head itch terribly.

I sigh to myself and stand up, with the staff and students watching my every move. This was the more drama the school has ever had in a day, or a year.

With all the very few confidence I could muster, I shakily make my way towards the exit.

I slowly enter the bathroom grudgingly, snatching a paper towel from its holder. I turn the faucet on, the sound of the water running fills the silence.

I splash the water onto my face and dry it with the brown, rough paper towel. I shake my head, the cookie crumbs flying everywhere in the bathroom. I sigh as I sit on the floor in inaudible silence.

Why does my life have to such a screw up?

Many people believe what they see. They know your name, but they don't actually know you as a person.

I have always been labeled and known for the "oh-so" handsome popular male, womanizer, and frod; especially in Anna's perspective.

Little did they know how miserable I have always felt.

I could still picture her matching blue eyes with mine, with her shoulder-length hair dangling from every direction on her face. I could visualize her smile, her sunshine smile. The goofy grin had always kept me through my day, my mistakes, and my depression.

However, she was gone.

That horrible day was still fresh in my mind. The drunk driver, our spinning vehicle, her lifeless body, my disoriented family.

Ever since, I couldn't escape.

Everyday, I had always acted so darn happy, like everything was okay. I used girls and dripping blood for my support. I had no real friends in my life; all they had wanted was the popularity I had inherited.

However, I had my first glimpse of hope. Ever since last year, I would always want to see Anna's strawberry hair, her innocent, yet fierce green eyes, and her as a person.

I had never forgotten the days we spent and the memories we had created together.

**Flashback**

"Hold me! I think I'm gonna fall!" Eight year old Anna exclaimed, gripping the handle bars tightly. The bike moved slowly in motion, making me grin about how afraid she was of falling.

However, the funny thing was that she knew I would always catch her.

I have constantly loved the way how she would always clumsily trip over the sidewalk cracks, and how I would always wrap my arms around her waist until she would regain her balance. I loved holding her, because I felt as if she was my human-sized teddy bear.

"David! Please! Ahh!"

I immeditely grab hold of her, watching as the bike tips back towards the middle, taking balance.

I hug her from behind tightly with all of my eight year old might. I grin goofily as I nudge my nose against her shoulders, watching as she turns red. Whenever she would blush, she would always try to cover her face with a blanket of her hair.

I had always known she would do that because she did it so often everytime we were together, and I loved how I was the person that caused her to do that.

**End of flashback**

If only time could turn back.

I heavily exhale as I grudgingly move the bracelets up my wrist on my left hand, seeing the faded, almost healed cuts placed all over my arm. I hadn't cut in a while, which I am grateful for. I had promised myself to never do such horrible thing to myself again, but the faint desire still burns.

I hated myself for that.

This is not the past anymore, just the present. And who knows heck about what is going to occur in the future.

All I know is that I won't ever let Anna go. I've done it once, and suffered the worse. She was the only thing on this world that was keeping me from sinking.

Yet, I bet she won't ever come back. Why would she come back anyway? To an inconsiderate, screwup like me. I hurt her in the first place anyway, but why would she come back? But once she did, I lost her again. With a stupid mistake.

I had no right into kissing that girl. All I use girls for is my anger. Seeing your mother flirt with her boss on the phone isn't the best kind of event to witness. Why was my life such a mess?

Oh well, I guess there is no such thing as normal.

Lost my best friend, my sister is dead, my mother flirting with her boss, and my dad being distant with me.

We try so hard to show the world we are fine, as if nothing had happened that night. Truth be told, my world is falling apart. It's tearing my soul into pieces.

However, only one seam still remains. The only stitch that keeps me in reality; Anna Marcy.
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Hello Loves! Yay! I tried it out! Sorry if this chapter wasn't that good, I'm not really used into writing other character's pov. So, what do you think of this chapter? If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! Thanks for reading!