Chapter 4: Please, Not Him

Anna's Pov

2 years later

"Say you'll remember me, standing in a nice dress staring at the sun-"

I rubbed my tired eyes, blinking furiously. I reached for my phone on the dresser, the lyrics flowing loudly throughout the room.

I turned off the alarm and scowled as I made my way towards my closet. I blindly snatched a random pair of jeans, a navy blue flannel, a shirt, (as well as my undergarments) and headed towards the bathroom.

Once I had finished taking my fairly quite long shower, I rushed to put my clothes on quickly, brush my teeth, comb my hair, and other things I did in my routine.

I slipped on a pair of black Vans and rushed out of my room. I vastly bolted down the stairs, as well as snatching a granola bar from the kitchen counter and paced out the door.

I carefully adjusted my beanie on my head, worldlessly making my way towards the school building. I stared off in the distance, faintly seeing the Cobb Country Highschool sign come into view.

I entered through the front doors of the school and walked straight to my locker. I was definitely careful of avoiding nearby students that gave me their usual snarls and scowls. It's now junior year, and everyone's hatred for me was still the same. After two whole years, their hatred for me never faltered.

I sighed in relief as I finally arrived in my homeroom. I walked over and sat myself at a desk by the back window.

After the first period bell rang, I trudged amongst the hoard of students, shoving my way to my first class; science.

I sat in my assigned seat, which was thankfully always at the back of the classroom; where I was constantly hidden from all of those students who despised me. I rested my head on my palms while I watched the chatting and laughing pupils fill the room. Why couldn't I have a group of friends like them?

After a few moments of soaking in my pool of misery, I cringed at the sight in front of me. It's him. The guy who had ditched me two years ago, who had humiliated me in front of the entire 9th grade. My ex best friend who had promised to be there for me forever.

I stared down at my lap and fiddled with my thumbs nervously, waiting patiently until the late bell rang through the intercom.

"Alright class!" Mrs.Chewy announced, quieting the class. "I know I have mentioned this a couple of times in the past, but your 3D projects are coming up soon. Since it's one of your first projects, see this one as practice. Your projects will start as simple, and throughout the year we will gradually level up into more complicated assessments. So, today now I'll be going to assign your partners."

She lifted a piece of paper from her desk and started reciting the pairs for the project.

"Okay so let's get started. The first pair will be Jacob and Diana..."

Please let it not be him. Not him.

"Nancy and Jennie..."

It'll be fine, Anna. Don't worry. There's a lot of people in this class, so it would be highly unlikely that we would be partners. I just have to hope that I won't get him or anyone who hates me, which is highly unlikely either.

I'm screwed.

"Noah and Melissa..."

Okay, I'm fine. I know I am.

"Anna and David..."

See? It'll be fin- WHAT!?