Chapter 13: Danna?

Anna's Pov

I sat in the dark, confined cell in silence. I looked out through the rusted, cold bars, waiting for my parents arrive.

I had been here for an hour, waiting for my mom and dad. Riley sat in the room next to me with her mother, and she refused to leave until she made sure I went home safely. These were the times when I was glad I had a friend like her.

I didn't regret what I did. I took no shame on my part. I was just nervous of how my mom and dad would react.

My leg bounced impatiently as I leaned against the concrete wall. My head was faced towards the ceiling and I closed my eyes. A few moments later, I heard the door click open. The door knob turned and I immediately looked down at my lap, not wanting to face the wrath of my parents.

"Anna?" I heard my mother's sweet voice call out. I felt her presence right in front of me, on the other side of the cell.

Why doesn't she sound angry?

It took all of my confidence and bravery to glance up right back into her eyes. When I did, my eyebrows slightly furrowed in confusion. Angry was the last word to describe how she looked. She seemed calm, as well as my dad who stood behind her.

The security guard that had dragged me here earlier unlocked the cell door, and the creaking filled the silent room. I slowly walked out, my fear shaking throughout my steps. All of a sudden, I was engulfed in a hug by both of my parents.

After my parents' VERY loving embrace, we trotted out of the room, which I had grown very familiar to in the hour I was in here. As we ambled out of the mall's main office, my mom squealed, "Honey! We're so proud of you! You fought your own bully! Pretty impressive."

"Oh and finally getting into trouble! Our daughter is finally becoming a rebel like we were back in high school!" My dad bragged.

Is this how parents react when their child physically abuses a person and is taken to the mall county jail? Wow. I should've done this a LONG time ago.

What the? I've said this once and I've said this many times; my parents are insane.

"Well, since we have finished our shifts at the hospital, we should go eat out, yeah?" My mom suggested.

"Uhm, I guess so." I replied. Realization struck me as I turned around in attempt to find my bestfriend. I saw her with mother by her side, walking towards another section of stores in the mall.

I guess shopping in Riley's world never has as end.

"Bye Riley!" I yelled, waving as she walked in the opposite direction. She frantically waved at me, and gave me a questioning look, as if asking why my parents didn't lash out at me. If it was her parents, it would have been infinite smacks to her bum.

I shrugged and exited out of the mall, with my parents right beside me. We entered the shiny, red Camry and started driving off to who knows where.

It was pretty much silent in the car. Not the awkward silence like the one we had last time; this one was more comfortable than before.

"Anna, we have been thinking and talking about this for a while, and your father and I are truly sorry for not knowing these things about you. I had no idea David ditched you. And picturing you going through it by yourself, it was too much for me. So we owe you an apology." My mother announced, sorrow present in her eyes. "I know we have been drifting apart for the past year, but I just didn't want to accept it. And I was too much of a hypocrite to do anything about it. I'm really sorry and I promise your father and I wilk do anything to make it up to you."

"Well, it's not really as bad as it seems right now." I responded, in attempt to make them feel better. "David and I are doing a project together. He already apologized and practically begged for my forgiveness. Everything is definetely different now, but we'll see how it works out. It'll have to take some time."

"Oh I knew it! Danna is back!" My mom shrieked.

"What?! What the heck is a Danna?"

"A ship name for you and David of course! Do you not like that? Maybe I should go for Anid instead?"

"What even?! No, definitely not! Just because we're working on a project together doesn't mean that we're going to automatically date! I would never like him! Not in a million years!"

"Hey, don't knock it till' you try it." She shrugged at my red face, turning back towards the front of the car. 

My dad turned towards me, saying "If he hurts or falls in love with you, I will get your grandpa Ramon and we will shoot him."

"Um.. okay.." I trailed off. It left me flabbergasted on how natural they acted after it; as if my dad didn't threaten to shoot my ex best friend while my mother us practically planning our wedding.

Oh bloody blueberries.

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
I have to admit, this chapter is not one of my best ones. Sorry guys, I legit tried my best to post today. Thanks for reading!