Chapter 22: Ugh, my life.

Anna's Pov

  I stuffed the buttery popcorn goodness in my mouth, humming the familiar tune with the movie I'm currently watching; High School Musical.

Disney movies these days aren't that good anymore, they have corny jokes, fake actresses, and wierd settings. Like, who has a wedding in their living room?

  I gracefully mouthed the words and my arms, mimicking the choreography. I have watched this series so much, that I know everything about the movies by heart. From the dance moves, song lyrics, to the characters' lines.

  After a few minutes, the door bell rings loudly throughout the house, interrupting my performance.

  "Ugh! Right at the best part!" I mentally cringed to myself. Darn, I'll have to replay that later.

  I huff in annoyance as I stride towards the front door and whip it open. My breathing picks up, and my heart beats fast. You must know who it is already.

  But seriously? Why does it always have to be him? 

  "Uhm, may I help you?" I ask, trying to ignore the too familiar butterflies in my stomach. We meet again.

  "Where were you? I tried looking for you the whole day. Are you okay? What happened?" David questions impatiently, clearly worried.

  No, I'm not okay. You happened, you inconsiderate, handsome jerk. You're so handsome, you blind my eyes.

  I really need to work on my insults...

  "As I told you before, I'm perfectly fine. See?" I assure, turning around. "No bruises, no scars, nothing is broken."

  EXCEPT FOR MY HEART.

  "Not physically, emotionally. You seemed pretty depressed earlier, I just wanted to come by to check if you're okay."

  "Well Mr. 'Grammatical', I'm okay. Stop worrying and mind your own business." I snap, annoyance seeping through me. Why does he care?

  "Is it because of what happened? You know, with that girl? You seemed pretty ticked off with her. She's just a friend." David assures.

  Pshh, why would he think I would care about her? Also, friends don't kiss each other,  or else Riley and I would be making out all the time.

  Uhh, forget I said that.

  "I don't care about her, I'm just..." I trail off, struggling to come up with a valid excuse, "...was very emotional because it was kind of my time of the month."

  If you know what I mean. That card always works.

  "What were you emotional about?" David crosses his arms, gazing right through my lies.

  "M-my goldfish died." I sputtered.

  What? I don't even have a goldfish!

  "You don't have one!" David pointed out, smirking at my failure.

  "Well, you would know if you had paid attention to my life, other than ditching me eh?" I spat back,  internally fist bumping to myself.

  "YASS! My first victory! Go Anna!" I chanted to myself. I evilly smiled as David's smirk wiped off his face. Haha!

  "Okay, whatever!" David exclaimed.

  "So, why are you here?" I asked.

  "I'm just checking if you were okay.." David responded.

  "Why? I just had one little breakdown. Nothing to be worried about." Actually, I was pretty excited and overjoyed he came.

  "You're my friend, I care about you."

   I'm kind of having a battle amongst my body. My heart says, "Aw! He came for you! Prince Charming had arrived!"

  Meanwhile in the brain; "Friend, he said friend. Puh leez! For all I care he can care about someone else, and lose all this awesomeness. He made you cry! Nuh uh, sista, ain't gonna happen with the Douchey David. Just don't."

  Ugh, my life.