Chapter 6: Broken

Anna's Pov

  I looked at my reflection on my vanity mirror. I straightened my clothes and fix my hair again.

  "Ugh!!" I screamed in frustration. David is coming over any minute to work on our Volcanoe 3D project. I can't say I'm mad that he's coming over, nor can I say it's a good thing either. However, why wouldn't I be mad is the real question here.

  I just have to keep my boundaries.. I reminded myself.

  Ding-dong! The door bell rang, I straightened my shirt and combed my fingers through my hair again. I nodded at myself in approval and rushed downstairs and rested my hand on the door knob. I took a deep breath and open the door, only to see David struggling to hold the supplies for our project in his hands.

  I motioned for him to come in and sauntered towards the couch, leaving him behind with full hands. 

Payback time.

  "Uh hello? Are you going to help me?" David looked at me with pleading eyes. The specks of the beautiful ocean that had gotten me every time. Well, not today.

  "I'm fine." I waved him off, kicking my legs up and propping them on the table. I rested my arms behind my head and enjoyed the show that lay before me.

  A loud beep rang from my phone, signaling, which I carelessly picked up and turned on. I looked at my phone to see I had received a text message, which happened to be from my best friend, Riley. After the whole incident with David, she had helped me regain myself back. She had always tried to put a smile on my face everyday. She is the nicest, funniest, and understanding friend I have. Or at least, the only friend I have....

Riley: I'm bored. Get me out of here. People I do not know act like they have known me all my life. Anyway, what are you doing?

Me: Nothin much, just working on a project with DAVID! :o

Riley: WAIT! DAVID?! AS IN THE GUY WHO DITCHED YOU?!

Me: No, another David. -_- Idiot DUH

Riley: WHY ARE YOU WITH DOUCHEBAG DAVID?! ARE YOU FOR REAL? Girl, you have some mental issues I swear why on earth would you hang out with your EX BEST FRIEND who happened to ditch you, humiliate you, and made you cry. I can't even stand you right now tbh.

Me: First of all, Mrs. Chewy ASSIGNED us to be partners. And when she makes a decision, she doesn't change it. And second, I DO NOT HAVE MENTAL ISSUES U SOMMA LLAMA DING DONG!

Riley: Okay, fine. But tell me what happens later. Like EVERY detail. EVERY. Not MOST. EVERY. Got it? And isn't it Mrs.Chenny?

Me: Tomato Potato

Riley: I believe you said that wrong...

Me: Idc shut up and leave already

  Riley is actually currently in Europe right now. She is having a family reunion, one they haven't had in a long time. Lucky.... as if I'm having the time of my life, with my ex best friend who had dumped me a year ago, in front of the whole school. Yeah, I'm living the dream.

  All of a sudden, I'm snapped out of my thoughts when my phone gets snatched out of my hands.

  "Hey! Give it back!" I demanded. I jumped, trying to reach up for my phone, only to be held by the heart breaker himself; David Parker. He held the device over his head, too high for my arms to reach.

  "Stupid short genes.." I muttered to myself.

  "Come on, we have to get started.  Let's start carving out the shape of the volcano." He said, throwing the phone carelessly on the couch. He huffed out a breath as he sat himself down in front of the coffee table.

  "Fine, whatever."

  I watched as David picked up a Styrofoam knife and started carving out the volcano in silence. Only the sound of cutting the rough material filled the room.

  "So... uh how's life?" David asked awkwardly.

  "Eh, what do you think!?" I snarled back, playing my fingers and tapping my foot on the soft, tan carpet.

  "I'll take that as bad then.." he mumbles, trying to concentrate where to cut next.

  You have no idea Douchebag Dave.

  "Ugh hurry up! Any day now... Wait no, any CENTURY now.. You're so freakin' slow, by the time you're done, I have already graduated from college. I already have a foot in the grave! " I complained.

  "Who said you're smart enough to go to college?!" He shot back.

  I scowled in embarrassment. He always wins at this. I don't know why.  He just does.

  "Where's your parents? I haven't seen them in a while.." he mumbled.

  "They're at work. The usual." I replied. My parents have always been busy with work, with my mom being a lawyer and my being a business owner. They have been working quite more frequently since my freshmen year, and it felt as lonely as ever. These were the times I wish I wasn't an only child.

  "Okay done!" He shouted proudly, examining his work.