Chapter 40: Unreal

Anna's Pov

All throughout my life, I never dared to believe in fairy tales or so called "happy" endings. I have always portrayed them as stories about fantasized aspects of life that could never truly happen. I believed their purposes were to bring up false hopes, for the reality of society to destroy.

How could you possibly have a happy ending? When does the story really end? Death? Every different event in a your life is more like a newfound chapter, and the last page is when you take your final breath.

Is it possible that I could have little fairytale of my own?

I couldn't speak, I felt powerless to even move a muscle. All I could possibly do was stare into the hopeful, frightened irises of my childhood friend. His hands were shaking, and his breaths were ragged.

All I desired to do was cradle the poor boy in my arms, to shout out my longing love for him, but my throat tightened. I've always dreamed and hoped for this moment. As much as you could picture and brace yourself for it to happen, experiencing it is exceptionally different.

It was not long until I felt the couch and blankets shift around me, and the torn lad began to stand up from his position.

"I-I'm s-sorry." He whispered. It hurt me to see a boy so scared to come near me, as if he could shatter me in an instant. "I-I'll just s-sleep in m-my room. I knew I shouldn't have said anything."

David slowly began trudging shamefully away from me, and I begged and strived for my brain to function properly, but it was drugged with love. I chanted iprofantaties in my head as I successfully managed to take control of my body, and vastly grasped his hand.

I didn't pay attention to his shocked expression or the gathering tears that filled the corners of his eyes, and it didn't take another second until I held his cheeks between my hands and gently connected our lips in a brief, but meaningful kiss.

I pulled away feeling tingles and shocks coursing through my body like haywire. My fingers subconsciously made their way to my lips, relishing the feeling of David's touch. I darted my eyes to the blond lad, and I slowly took both of his hands in mine.

"That's good to hear, because I'm in love with you." I jokingly sighed in relief.

I almost burst out laughing when David jaw slacks open in shock, and next thing I know I'm being tackled to the ground.

"You, you ugh! No way!" He genuinely smiled. I giggled from beneath him, chuckling even louder at how he reacted.

"You really had me worried." He exhaled out in relief and kissed both of my cheeks lightly.

After a few moments, the joyful aura had subsided, and quietness filled the room as we both gazed into eachother's eyes lovingly.

"Do you really love me?" He mumbled, eyes shining as bright and hopeful as ever.

"Of course I do." I grinned.

"Well then." He clambered off of me and stood up, out stretching his palm for me to take. "Since that's out of the way, we can finally get some sleep. It's literally two in the morning."

"Woah, really?!" I whipped my head towards the clock near the front door, and my suspicions were confirmed. David happily pulled back the covers, gesturing for me to climb in.

Once we were both under the covers, David nudged my shoulder with his lightly freckled nose. I could feel a blush creeping up my neck, and I buried my face in a pillow that lay between us.

The blue eyed male and I layed in comfortable silence for a few minutes, until I hesitantly spoke up.

"What happens now?" I questioned.

"I don't know. Give me some time to work things out, then we could consider what happens next." He replied, not bothering to glance at my hopeful self.

My heart sank at his words, but I couldn't limit my curiousity.

"Like what?"

He smiled and stared at the ceiling, then opened his mouth saying, "Well, I thought I should do this the right way. If we're going to be in a relationship, I want your parent's permission first."

My heart fluttered at his words, but my eyebrows furrowed in thought.

Although I was very excited into finally experiencing an official relationship, would he know my boundaries? A lot of people would kiss eachother's necks, and be intimate with one another, but I believed that these actions shouldn't take place until I was married. It was similiar to driving; if you didn't have license, you couldn't drive. I believed that someone would want and love me for who I am, and that would be enough.

A nudge halted my thoughts and I glanced to David who examined my features.

"What's going on through your beautiful mind?" He asked.

"Do you know your limits? Like, when we're officially a couple. Do you know how far you should go?"

"Absolutely. And I wouldn't trade you or those limits for the world." He confessed.

I wrapped my arms around his torso then pulled back. I rolled back to my side of the couch and embraced my hugging pillow as well. How could you possibly not sleep with these things?

"Goodnight David." I whispered.

"Night night, sleep tight, something about bugs in your bed." He mumbled out, making me laugh quietly.

I felt a warm, large pair of arms wrap around my shoulders, and I listened to my lover's steady breathings until I eventually let sleep consume me.

***

I snickered audibly as I chucked another french fry at the challenging boy, the food hitting him straight on the nose.

"Oh really?" He arched his eyebrow, then snatched a few pieces from his plate and threw them towards me.

It was currently lunch time, and David and I had spent most of the morning laying around lazily in the house, feeding off of Eggo waffles and maplr syrup. His father was asleep upstairs the entire time, passed out from exhaustion from his extra time on duty. After a while, my best friend and I decided that we should walk to a nearby pizza parlor just outside of the neighborhood.

I snorted at the few amounts of food he had left on his plate, while I had a mountain of them displayed on mine. Overtime, I had figured out if I just threw one fry, I would also gain multiple at the same time. Perk of being a genius.

I menacingly cackled as I watched David's realization of my plan.

"I can't decide whether I love you with all my heart, or hate you with all my soul."

"Well, that's your problem, not mine." I held my hands up in mocking surrender. "Whatcha gonna do about it?"

I playfully narrowed my eyes, as if challenging him. However, I gasped in surprise as I watched him grip my plate, then hauled the majority of fries on his large plate. Thankfully, none of the fries managed to make a mess.

"I hate you." I muttered, scowling as he victoriously shoved a french fry into his mouth.

"Boohoo! You love me!" He mocked my frequent actions that I used to do in the past.

"Actually, I do. Truly, madly, deeply in love with you." I grinned.

I've never experienced a happier time in my life, and all the events so far that had occured in my life was almost unreal to me.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Hello loves! Thanks for reading!