Chapter 52: Used To Be Me

Song Anna Was Rapping To: Over Again by One Direction
Song Played at Homecoming: Night Changes by One Direction
☆Sorry if you dislike One Direction but it's not Iike you're going to bother listening to the song anyway.☆

●FINAL CHAPTER

Anna's Pov

Deep breaths, Anna. Deep breaths.

"Ugh, I completely forgot you managed to get such a pretty dress! My dress looks like a bag of chips compared to yours." Riley walked into my bedroom groaning. She flopped on the duvet beside me, where I was staring up boredly at the ceiling.

We had just arrived at my house from school about fifteen minutes ago, and the dance was about three hours away. We had our dresses laid out on the carpet, Riley's make up bag on my dresser, and a curler placed on my side table.

I was nervous for homecoming to say the least. Usually during the events of these dances, the way you looked mattered the most. Of course it was also about having fun, but your attire was the most important aspect in everyone's eyes. At first I didn't agree with the concept, but now I was worried as heck for how my appearance would turn out.

To be honest, I had no knowledge whatsoever about makeup or hairstyles. I was always afraid of burning my hair off from the curling iron and the ripping of my eyelashes from the eyelasher curler. 

To make matters worse, my hands always had a tendency of shaking. For example, I always shook when I ate. Whenever I raised the fork up to my mouth while eating, my hand instantly turns into a vibrating massage chair. Why else would my family and friends not let me take photos?

In other words, I was practically useless at any "girly" activities.

Luckily, Riley was the master of these aspects, and she gladly offered to give me a makeover before I even asked her for help. These were the times I was thankful for the fact that Riley had always wanted to dress me up. Since she didn't have a little sister at home, I became her personal human sized doll. As much as I act like I hate it, I actually love it.

"Oi, stupid." I felt a nudge on my side, and I turned to look at my brunette best friend.

"Hmm?"

"What are you thinking in that little brain of yours?" She asked, earning very light pinch from me. "Ow! Okay okay! You have a GINORMOUS brain! The largest in the entire universe! Ow, I'm sorry! Stop!"

I released her skin from between my fingertips and held a smug smile on my face. "You got that right."

"Man, what are you, a lobster?" She rubbed the pained area on her arm wearily.

"You best be taking that back." I sassed jokingly. "Or those lady lips of yours," I appointed to her lower region. "-will no longer be considered a vagina."

"Okay, but I just have to say one thing." She scooted slowly away from me.

"What? There is nothing else to say. But the only thing is; my brain is not little, but ginormous."

"Nope," she shook her head. "It's ginormous, yeah, but empty."

"Oh piss off!"