Chapter 20: David?

Anna's Pov

I sighed heavily, looking at the big fat C plastered at the corner of the page.

Wow, I've actually have been making progress.

I glanced around the room in boredom, ignoring Ms. Denmark's scolding from how much low scores she received from students. It's my fault she's terrible at her job. She speaks so monotone and slow, that I'd rather watch a video of snail and a turtle having a race. But hey, she would probably be too slow to reach the finish line.

I froze in my seat when I caught sight of him. Well, to be more specific; him and another girl.

I sucked in a deep breath as I watched them talk and the mystery girl scoot closer to tell him something. I cringed as she laid her manicured hand on his shoulder and pouted her lip seductively like a puffer fish.

I didn't know that this classroom had an aquarium.

I clenched my fist tight when David smiled back.

Would I go to jail if I 'accidentally' tripped and jabbed a pencil her eye? I thought to myself as I eyed the end of my mechanical pencil to check if it would be sharp enough.

Someday.

Once the bell rang, I bolted out of the classroom, ignoring my math teacher's remarks about "I dismiss you, not the bell." To be honest, it's an unreasonable policy for teachers to keep students after the bell to tell us utter crap.

I rushed to my locker and struggled to do my combination. After about a minutes, I swung open the metal door and threw all of my stuff in the small storage in annoyance. I started trying to find my way through the sea of slow students to the lunchroom, but I found no point to hurry anymore when it continued in the same pace. I slightly shook my head to get David's and the unknown girl's images out of my mind.

One little scene can't possibly ruin my day, right?

I blew out a breath as I finally spotted an open clearing and made a jump for it. However, it seemed that I wasn't the only one with the idea, because I ended up running into about three other students.

I stumbled back from the impact and crashed into a kissing couple. Just as I was about to get up, a face came into view as he peered over at me. No words described how I felt when I saw the boy's ruffled hair and maroon stained lips.

"Are you okay?" He asked. He first looked over at me, but his eyes soon widened in horror.

"D-david?" I stuttered, feeling my heart shatter into bits and pieces.