Case of the Ex

Chivonn:

While Michael was in the shower, I went upstairs and put on my new outfit. It was a short black mini skirt, and a batwing style zebra print top that hung low off one shoulder. I put on a black belt with a big silver buckle over the shirt and ankle high, five inch heel boots. I grabbed one of my clutches and put a couple of twenties in it, though since Michael had asked, I was expecting him to pay. I sprayed a sheen spray over my curls giving them some extra shine and bounce. This was such a crazy idea... I could hear him downstairs after his shower, picking up the mess in the living room.

As I was finishing up my make-up I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Michael rudely swung open my bathroom door. God forbid I had been naked in here or anything...

"You ready, girl?"

The bathroom instantly filled up with the smell of my brother's cologne. How are you going to take me out smellin' like my damn brother? I glanced at him and had to do a double take. He noticed and did a slow spin for me so I could really check him out.

"I look good, don't I? You do too, baby girl. We gon' make a hell of an appearance tonight."

He had on an opened buttoned down plaid shirt that was all combinations of shades of greys and black. On the left side was a large brand name emblem of some designer I didn't know. He had on a white V-neck shirt underneath and a pair of black jeans and high top brand new black shoes. His hair was completely down and as I was checking him out he moved closer to me and picked up my curl activator and squirt some in the palm of his hands before rubbing it through his still wet curls.

"Where are we going?" I asked watching him run my brush through his hair. I would have had a bigger problem with this if he hadn't just come from the shower.

"Shit... lookin' like that?" he turned to me and looked me up and down. "I'm afraid to take you anywhere. Niggas be ready to whoop my ass to get next to you."

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the bathroom waiting for him in the hall. When he was done getting pretty he came out and stopped right in front of me biting his lips as he looked down at my thighs...This dude had me feeling like I was standing here naked the way he stared. I moved away from him and headed down the stairs. He followed close behind me. The coffee table was sitting upright and everything had been cleaned up as if nothing had happened. I could still see his fierce expression as he threw my cellphone into the wall and hear the sounds of him screaming at me.

"I'm sorry, Chev..." his voice was more genuine. He touched my shoulder and I turned to him. I could tell it was taking a lot out of him to seriously apologize to me. "I really ain't mean to be that way witchu. Please don't tell yo brotha what happened. We might be da best of friends, but when it comes to you..." he brought the back of his hand to my cheek gently and didn't finish his sentence. He didn't need to. He'd been friends with my brother long enough to know that he would kill a man for even having thoughts of putting their hands on me. Michael pushed me and he was right to. I decked his ass good and I knew better than to put my hands on him. I touched his bruised jaw line.

"I'm sorry too." Those words came out of my mouth like acid up my esophagus. I hated apologizing probably just as much as he did. And to make it worse, his lips stretched out into a cocky smile.

"Kiss me and I'll forgive you."

"Ugh... bye Michael." I walked past him and opened the front door. He was fast behind me. He shut the door and made sure it was locked as we walked out into the night air. It was probably just after eleven o'clock at night. We were getting a late start that's for sure, but Michael looked like the type of guy that didn't show up to a club til midnight.