❁slacker

*Golde apartment*
I was running a little late in the morning. That meant I couldn't go to school with Riley and Maya like I usually do. I texted Riley and Maya: Woke up late. See you at school x

I didn't really sleep last night. I was up until five in the morning. The reason was that my thoughts kept me up. They clouded my mind and refused to fade away. Everything seemed to get worse at night. It's when the monsters come out.

I went into the kitchen to see mother at the table drinking from a bottle of wine. I looked at Liam. He just shook his head. Abby showed mother a drawing she made, "look mommy!"

Mother looked at her drawing. "What the hell is that?"

I glared at her. "Mother."

Abby frowned a little. "It's you."

"It looks like a deformed donkey." Mother said as she drank wine. Then it was a very accurate portrait of you.

Liam picked Abby up. "Come on Abby. We need to get you to school." He looked at me, "if you're late to school I'm not covering for you."

I sighed, "okay." Liam kissed my head and left with Abby. I was about to leave, but mother stopped me.

"If you ever give me that attitude again, I will hurt you." She growled as she tightened her grip on my arm.

"You're drunk." I told her. "Maybe if you start acting like a mother I wouldn't be giving you attitude."

She slapped me across the face. "Don't you dare talk to your mother like that!"

I yanked my arm back. "You're not my mother." I growled. I grabbed my bag and left the apartment. I went to the elevator and wiped my tears away. Come on Andy. Don't cry. You're stronger than this.

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. Lucas was in the elevator. He smiled, "howdy."

"Hi." I quickly got on the elevator and wiped my tears away.

"Andy, are you okay?" Lucas questioned.

I nodded not looking at him. "I'm amazing."

Lucas grabbed my hand and made me face him. "Why are you crying?"

I shook my head. "It doesn't matter."

"It does to me." He said.

"I'm just having a roughing morning." I admitted. "I'll be okay when we get to school."

"I won't pry," Lucas said and pulled me into a hug. "Remember, I'm always here for you. No matter what."

I smiled. "Thank you Lucas."

"Anything for you." He smiled back. How could he care so much about a person he only met a few weeks ago?

*John Quincy Adams Middle School hallway*

Riley was staring at someone. I automatically thought it was Lucas, but I was wrong. She was watching a girl put makeup on. It was Allison.

"Look at that ninth-grade woman!" Riley said in amazement. "She's putting on makeup. We're going to be ninth-grade women someday!"

"This thing goes to ninth grade?" I questioned. I thought this was a middle school.

Riley pointed at Allison. "Why that?"

"Brings out your eyes." Maya replied.

Riley eyes widen in horror. "Why would I wanna take out my eyes?"

Maya sighed. "She's not taking out her eyes."

Allison took out an eyelash curler. "And I think she is." Riley exclaimed.