❁cute couple

*John Quincy Adams Middle School Classroom*

Maya, Lucas and I stood at the front of the classroom. "All right, progress reports." Cory said. "What's up in make-believe corporate America?"

"Hart, Golde and Friar muffins report." Maya said. "We started with 100 muffins, made each with all-natural and organic ingredients."

"And you selected these ingredients because?"  Cory asked. 

"Because that's the right and responsible thing to do." I replied. 

Cory gave me a questioning look. "You really believe that?"

I groaned. "I don't know! You spend a day with this guy." I pointed at Lucas.

"Try living with him." Lydia groaned. I smiled at her.

Lucas looked at me and frowned a little. He looked back at the class. "So far we've sold 14 muffins at a dollar each."

I raised my hand a little. "I bought one. Took a bite out and gave Maya the rest." I looked at Maya, "she threw it away." I looked down. "It was good while it lasted."

Cory nodded slowly. "Okay, how much do they cost you?"

"They didn't cost us anything to make." Lucas told him.

"How's that possible?" Coy questioned. 

"My mother bought them for us." Lucas said. "She wanted us to sell healthy food."

I looked at him. "How's that workin' out for us so far, huckleberry?"

He looked back at me. "As soon as we sell them all, I'll pay her back." He turned back to Cory. "I stand by our product, sir."

I sighed. "So do I."

"They're everywhere." Maya said as she stood next to a tall stack of muffin boxes.

"How are your profits, Friar?" Farkle questioned.

Cory sent Farkle a look. "Let me teach my class, Farkle, okay? I decide what to say and when I'm gonna say it, and I decide who to call on and what I'm gonna ask them!"

"How were my profits, Friar?" Lucas asked Cory.

Cory sighed in annoyance. "Yes!"

"Well, I have those right here, sir." He opened his folder. "None."

"I'm sorry, what?" Lydia asked with a small smile on her face.

Lucas shot her a look."None. And it's not right, sir. Our muffins are good for you."

"I'm sorry, what?" Farkle asked again. 

"None!" Lucas exclaimed. 

"We can't even give them away." Maya threw a muffin and someone threw it back and hit her face.

I growled, "who did that?!"

"Down, Andy." Maya grabbed my arm.

Farkle stood up and walked to the front of the classroom with Riley and Lydia. "All right, let's talk about a real make-believe company. Farkle's muffins!" That made no sense whatsoever. 

"Riley, Lydia and Farkle's muffins." Riley corrected.

Farkle chuckled. "Yeah, keep tellin' yourself that. Unlike our competitors, our profits are through the roof, and so are our employees."

We all looked at the rest of the class. They were all jittery and hyper. "Why are they like that?" Cory asked.

"They ate the product, sir." Farkle replied.