❁pressure

*John Quincy Adams Middle School Hallway*

Riley looked at me, "you and Lucas kissed?"

"We did." I said, being straight forward. "But that was a long time ago and it doesn't mean anything. You like Lucas, Lucas likes you."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Maya questioned.

"Because it didn't mean anything." I repeated myself. I thought it meant something. Until Lucas asked out Riley. I didn't care anymore. I didn't care about anything. I just wanted my friends to be happy.

Lydia stopped me from closing my locker. "Didn't mean anything? You sure?"

I glared at her, "I'm sure."

Riley shut her locker and turned around to see a group of girls watching her. "Everybody stop looking at me."

"Tell us." Sarah demanded Riley.

Riley shook her head. "I don't kiss and tell." This caused me to roll my eyes.

"Did you kiss?" Darby asked.

Riley nodded, "Yes."

Darby grinned. "Tell."

"And take your time." Sarah encouraged.

"Nothing happened." Riley told them. "Back me up, Maya." Maya turned around and wrapped her arms around herself to make it look like she was making out with someone. "That's inaccurate." Maya squished her cheeks between her hands and made kissing noises. "Yeah, that's pretty good."

"Andy, tell!" Darby demanded.

"There's nothing to tell." I told her.

"But you and Lucas kissed too." Sarah said.

I shrugged, "yeah well. That doesn't matter now because Riley likes Lucas and Lucas likes Riley."

Sarah turned to Riley. "So are you guys boyfriend and girlfriend now? What are you?"

"What are you?" Darby pushed.

"I don't know." Riley said in confusion. "Do we have to be something?"

"Well you did kiss him." Sarah said.

"What are ya?" Darby questioned loudly.

Maya stepped forward. "Look, it just happened. She's not really sure what it all means yet."

"You guys are meant to be together. Like me and Yogi! " Yogi walked over and leaped into Darby's arms. Darby carried him away. "Yogles!"

Riled watched them walk away. "Will Lucas and I ever have what they have?"

"Boy, I hope not." Lydia frowned in disgust.

I shivered slightly. "I'd stop talking to you guys if you did."

Lydia eyed me, "you and Brandon kissed."

Sarah turned her attention to me, "are you and Brandon a thing then? Since you and Lucas aren't."

I shot Lydia a glare, but then turned to Riley. "You know what, Riles? They do have a point. I mean, you like him. He likes you. There was a kiss."

Riley shook her head. "I will not act under peer pressure. Unless you think I should."

Brandon and Farkle carried Lucas over. Everyone surrounded them. "What are you?" Brandon asked.

Riley looked at Lucas. "What are we?"

Lucas looked back at her. "Are we boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"Are we?" Riley asked nervously.

"I don't know, you wanna?" Lucas asked awkwardly.