❁lover boy

*Golde's Apartment*

I watched as Liam fixed his hair for the tenth time. He was using his spoon to look at himself. He put the spoon down and fixed his tie. Next, he flatten his blazer.

"Are you going to tell me why you've been acting all nervous?" I questioned.

Liam looked at me. "I have a meeting today."

I raised an eyebrow. "A meeting?" Liam nodded. "You've had a bunch of meetings before. That's not why you're all squirmy."

"It's an important meeting." Liam corrected.

I scoffed. "Liam, spill."

He glared at me. "Don't use that thing you do on me."

"Liam, spill." I repeated.

He groaned. "Fine! I have a date."

My eyes widen. "No way!"

Abby looked at Liam, "you have a girlfriend?!"

Liam shook his head and laughed nervously. "No. Not a girlfriend."

I studied him. He was fidgeting with his tie again. Then his shirt. "Liam. What are you hiding?" I questioned.

"I told you!" Liam exclaimed. "I have a date."

"With a person you just met or someone you've been seeing for awhile now?" I questioned him.

"I don't have to tell you about my love life." Liam said looking away.

"Liam." I said.

He glared at me. "Fine. I've been seeing him for awhile."

I grinned widely. "I knew it!" I exclaimed. "I knew you were seeing someone! Who is he? What's he like? Is he cute? Does he have nice hair? What's his hobby? Show me a picture!" I demanded sternly.

Abby tilted her head a little. "You have a boyfriend? But you're a boy."

Liam looked at Abby. "Honey. It doesn't matter what gender two people are. As long as they care about each other, a boy and a boy can be together. A girl and a girl can be together too. It's not always a boy and a girl."

Abby smiled. "That's cool! Now I'll have two brothers!" Liam's eyes widen.

I gave Liam a look. "What's his name?"

"Daniel." Liam replied.

"Did you meet him at work?" I asked hopefully.

He shook his head vigorously. "I met him through a coworker."

I nodded. "Okay. When do we get to meet him?"

Liam's eyes widen. "We've only gone out a few times. I don't think it's time to meet the family yet."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Arrange plans with him to have all of us for dinner together or even lunch."

Liam sighed. "Fine."

I smiled. "Great! Can't wait to meet your lover boy."

Liam rolled his eyes at me. "Just go to school already." I winked at him, grabbed my bag and board and left the apartment.

*John Quincy Adams middle school classroom*

"Democracy." Cory said." Our form of government where the power lies with the people. So who here can tell me another form of government where the power doesn't lie with the people?"

Farkle raised hand. "Farkle!" He exclaimed. "Thank you, sir. Dictators. Love 'em. They get to do whatever they want. I wanna be one someday."

Lucas and Lydia walked in. "Mr.Friar! Miss Frier!"