❁memory

I tried sitting up, but stopped when I felt a sharp pain shoot through my body. What the heck? Why did hurt to move? Everything was black with blotches of red. My eyelids felt heavy. I had only felt this heaviness once before. I didn't know what to do. I tried moving again, but it hurt too much. My mouth felt as if it wasn't there because I couldn't speak.

Although, despite the fact I couldn't move, I could hear and feel everything around me. Footsteps, I heard light footsteps. Something brushed my head, then my hand. Who was here with me?

"Please wake up soon, Andy." They said. I couldn't pin point who was talking. "We need you to wake up." I tried to move again. I still had no success. "I need you to wake up."

-

There were so many things connected to me; wires, tubes, needles. I had no idea what happened. I couldn't remember what happened. The last thing I could remember was talking to Riley and Maya at the Baywindow about James. What could have happened that caused me to end up here?

The door opened with a squeak, a doctor walked in. He had black hair that was combed back. His eyes were stormy grey and his lips formed a small smile when he saw me. "Andy, it's good to see you awake."

"What happened?" I questioned, "why am I here?"

The Doctor stood next to me and checked the monitors I was hooked up to. He scribbled notes onto the papers in the clipboard he was holding. "What was the last thing you can remember?"

(Ha.... The Doctor. Doctor Who?)

"I was at my best friends' house." I replied.

"Do you know today's date?" He questioned.

I shrugged, "the 19th."

The Doctor looked up from his clipboard. "Andy, today's the 21st."

I frowned. "No. It's the 19th. It can't be the 21st."

The Doctor pressed a button on my bed that moved the head of the bed up. Now, I was in a sitting position. "Andy, you were in a car accident two days ago."

My mouth went dry. "W-what?" My eyes traveled to my left leg to see a cast. My bare legs were covered in bruises and cuts. My arms were just as painfully ugly. I did not want to see my reflection.

"Two days ago, you were hit by a truck as you crossed a street." The Doctor informed me. I shook my head. No. That wasn't possible. I couldn't have. I was with Riley and Maya. "I know this is a lot to take in. It's not a surprise for someone like you to experience Retrograde amnesia."

"Where's my brother and sister?" I asked him. "I want my brother and sister."

"I believe they will be here soon." The Doctor said.

"This is crazy.!" I exclaimed. "What the heck is Retrograde amnesia?"

"This is when a person loses their memory prior to an accident. The amount of memory loss depends on how severe the accident was. In your case, you' lost about two weeks of memory." The Doctor explained to me.

This couldn't be happening. How could I have possibly lose 2 weeks of memory. "Am I going to get my memory back?"

He nodded, "in time."

I let out a long, deep sigh. "Great. I just hope nothing big happened in those two weeks."

The Doctor gave me a small smile. "A nurse will come by with food for you. Here's the tv remote," he handed me the remote. "Your brother left your phone in case you woke up when he wasn't here. Try not to move too much." He gave me a warm smile and handed me my phone before leaving.