❁blessing

*Friar's apartment*

I was in the living room with Abby, Lucas and Lydia. We were playing Dance Central. Abby and I were dancing to the song Toxic. I booty bumped Abby and started laughing when she fell.

"Cheater!" Abby shoved me away as hard as she could. I stumbled a little and tried to regain my balance, but Abby pushed me again. I ended up falling on top of Lucas.

"Sorry." I mumbled and got off him. I continued to dance trying to hide the fact my face was burning up.

"Smooth Andy." Lydia laughed at me.

When the song ended, I sat down on the couch because Abby beat me. Lucas was up next to go against Abby. Lydia laid down on the couch with her head on my lap.

I looked down at her to see her smirking at me. "What?" I questioned.

"You and lover boy were blushing way more than usual when you fell on him." Lydia said through her smirk.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Whatever."

"Did something happen?" She questioned as she sat up. "I know about how you guys kissed when you first showed him your room."

My eyes widen, "I-I don't know what you're talking about."

"Lucas told me." She explained. "Never seen him blush like that before. It was kind of like how he did a few seconds ago." Her eyes widen, "oh my god!"

I quickly covered her mouth. "Lydia."

Lucas and Abby looked at us in confusion and I just smiled at them. "What's going on?" Lucas questioned.

Lydia pushed my hand away, "nothing." She smirked at me. I pushed her away and glared.

There was a knock on the door. Lucas walked over and opened it. "Liam."

I quickly looked over to see Liam and Daniel standing in the doorway. "Liam!" I scrambled off the couch and almost tackled him with a hug. "You're okay!"

"Liam!" Abby ran over and hugged Liam as well.

"I missed you guys." Liam kissed my head.

I pulled away and noticed Liam had a black eye. It wasn't too bad, but still noticeable. "Liam? What happened?"

We all sat down on the couches in the living room. Lydia turned the TV off and sat down. Abby sat down on Liam's lap. Mrs. Friar was at work right now, so it was just us.

"James wanted money." Liam told me what I already knew. "He has his own family. A wife and two kids, Jared and Emily."

"That means we have half siblings." I said in shock.

Liam nodded. "Yes. James claimed to be better now. He heard about what happened to Maddison and wanted to claim custody over you two."

"Custody?" I questioned in outrage. "He has no right! He gave it all up the moment he left us!"

Daniel spoke up. "You're right. James wanted to take you guys on trial, but I did my research and he has no legal right to fight for custody over you and Abby."

A wave of relief washed through me. I did not want to go through the court again. "Okay, that doesn't explain why Liam has a black eyes. What else happened?"

Liam sighed, "James still has his temper. He punched me when I told him he lost all legal rights to be our parent."

"But is he really better?" I questioned. "I mean he has a wife and two kids."