❁jump

*John Quincy Adams Middle School hallway*

I opened my locker and saw my journal. Oh my god. I grabbed it and looked at it, there was a note on the back.

Decided to give this back, but just so you know... I made a copy of a few pages

No... I wanted to scream. I wanted to hit something.

I put my things into my backpack and shut my locker. I went to Daniel's classroom. It was still a little early, so the classroom was empty. Daniel was at his desk, writing on some papers.

I walked over to him, "Daniel?"

He looked up from his papers. "Hey, Andy. Everything okay?"

"I don't feel good." I lied, "my stomach hurts and I feel like throwing up."

"Are you sick?" Daniel stood up and touched my forehead.

"More like really bad cramps and feeling like I have to use the bathroom a million times." I said. "It gets worse when I move a lot."

Daniel nodded, "okay. I can't take you home, let's ask Cory if-"

I cut him off, "I think I can get home on my own."

"Are you sure? Maybe Topanga hasn't gone to work yet, or maybe Cory doesn't have a class first period. Then he can take you to the store to buy some painkillers or a heating pad."

I sighed, "would it make you feel better if I ask Cory if he or Topanga can take me home?"

Daniel nodded, "actually yes. I'll go with you." He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the classroom. Ever since the accident, Liam and Daniel refused to let me go anywhere alone. Actually, no one would let me go anywhere by myself. Riley and Maya would not let me out of their sight. If Riley or Maya were not with me, Lydia was. I loved my friends, but it was getting out of hand.

We went to Cory's classroom, it was empty. Thank the gods for that. "Hey, Cory." Daniel said as he let go of my hand. "Do you have a class right now?"

Cory nodded, "I have classes all day. Why? Something wrong?"

"Andy doesn't feel good." Daniel informed him, "I can't take her home neither can Liam and I rather not have her go home by herself."

"Topanga's at work." Cory said with a frown. "Andy, do you think you can sit tight until lunch?"

"I can get home by myself." I told them, "please? I just want to go home and curl up into a ball hoping the cramps will go away."

"But-"

I stopped Daniel from saying anything. "Look, I'll text you when I get to the station and then I'll text you again when I get home."

"Maybe I can get someone to sub for my first class so I can take you home." Daniel said.

"Daniel, me getting hit by that truck was on accident. I was an emotional wreck and wasn't paying attention. I'll be paying attention this time." I said to him.

Sighing, Daniel nodded. "Okay fine. But I will be expecting those texts from you." He pulled out his wallet and handed me a twenty. "So you can buy whatever you need."

"Daniel-"

"Just take it." Daniel put it into my hand. "You can buy some food for lunch. If you need anything, just call me and I'll come home."

I gave him a look, but I couldn't help but smile a little. "I just have a stomach ache and cramps. I'm not dying."

Daniel kissed my forehead, "be careful."