❁fragile

I gave your number to a few of my friends. Hope you don't mind

-Unknown

Who is this?

-Andy

See you at school, Andy

-Unknown

I locked my phone and stuffed it into my pocket. It's almost been a week since I started getting messages from some person and I had no idea who it was. All I knew was that this person went to my school. That narrowed it down to a few hundred people. It couldn't be a 6th grader. It was most likely an 8th grader. I swear to god... If it was Missy...

*John Quincy Adams Middle School hallway*

Missy was with a group of girls, talking and laughing. I walked up to Missy, "you think you're funny don't you?"

"What are you talking about?" Missy questioned.

"Are you the one sending me texts?" I held up my phone, showing her the texts I've been getting.

Missy looked at my phone, then at me. She laughed at me, "that's not my number."

"Prove it." I demanded.

Rolling her eyes, Missy took her phone out and went to her contact information. Her number didn't match. "Satisfied?" She questioned. "Why would I waste my time taunting you through texts when I can do it in person?"

"Do it, I dare you." I taunted her, "give me your best but know this, I can do so much worse."

Missy laughed in my face, "I'm not afraid of you."

"You should be." I growled at her and walked away. I went to my locker and grabbed my English notebook. I slammed my locker in anger. Calm, Andy. Be calm.

"Woah, what did that locker do to you?" I turned around to see Jackson laughing to himself. "I saw that whole thing with my sister. Someone is messing with you?" I nodded. "Do you know who it could be?" He questioned.

"Why do you care? You don't even know me." I said bitterly.

"Missy told me about you and your crew. She hates your guts, but I think you're pretty cool." Jackson shrugged. "Anyway, I could help you if you want."

I shook my head, "I can handle it myself, but thanks."

"Okay." He nodded, "can we at least be friends?"

"We'll see." I said, "but if you're anything like Missy-"

"Don't judge a person before actually getting to know them." Jackson smiled at me, "shall we get to class?"

We walked to English together. Everyone else was already there. Lydia looked at Jackson, then at me. I shrugged and sat down in my seat. We basically sat in the same order we did in Cory's class. I was between Riley and Maya with Lucas behind me.

"Who likes to read?" Daniel asked the class. Only Farkle and I raised our hands. "Why?"

"It's fun." I replied.

"Nerd." Brandon coughed.

I turned around and shot him a glare, "look who's talking."

"You can learn from the things you read." Farkle said.

I nodded in agreement, "that too."

Daniel grabbed a piece of chalk and wrote 'Dr Seuss' on the chalkboard. "Doctor Seuss," he said as he faced the class. "I'm assuming you all know who he is."

"He's a writer." Farkle said.

"For children," Missy said. "We aren't children."

"Then don't act like one." Lydia shot at her.