❁blurry

*John Quincy Adams Middle School*

"Why are you wearing glasses?" Lucas asked me.

"They're Smackle's." I replied. "I'm holding them for her. On my face."

Lucas gave me a look, "they don't hurt your eyes or give you a headache?"

I shook my head, "no. Everything looks a lot clearer actually."

"Do you need glasses?" He asked.

I shook my head, "no."

"You sure?"

I nodded, "yes."

He sighed, "alright then. Let's go join the debating team."

I groaned, "you really want to join don't you?"

He nodded, "yes I do. Now let's go."

I stomped my feet and shook my head, "no."

"Andy," He gave me a look, "let's go."

"No." I crossed my arms over my chest. "I'm not going."

"Andy, come on."

"Why do I have to go?!" I whined as Lucas grabbed my hand and tried to drag me to Matthew's classroom where the debate team was practicing.

"Because we made a deal." Lucas said, "now stop being so difficult."

"I will be as difficult as I want to be!" I exclaimed.

He let go of me and looked at me, "Andy. You're my best friend. I like you. Please don't hurt me."

"Why would I-" Lucas grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder. "Frier!" I yelled.

"We made a deal." Lucas said as he walked towards the classroom.

I growled and smacked his butt. Yes. I did just smack his butt. "Put me down!" He just ignored me and continued to walk. I groaned and let myself hang on his shoulder. Wait. Did Lucas say he liked me? He meant like a friend right?...

We got to the classroom. Farkle was there with the debate team. Lucas put me down, but Held onto me so I wouldn't run off. "Is this Debate Team?"

Farkle looked at him. "No, it's the After-School Male Models' Club. Ha!" He laughed.

"Ha!" The rest of the team did the same thing. I pushed Lucas away and crossed my arms over my chest.

"We want to join. Ha!" Lucas tried to do the Farkle laugh.

My eyes widen, "never do that again."

"Shouldn't you be out hitting a home run or something?" A kid with an ugly yellow sweater said to Lucas. Then he looked at me, "shouldn't you be following Maya and Riley around? Maybe fighting with someone?"

The Asian person on the team said, "we don't debate sports or cars or prison or barbie dolls."

I growled loudly and went to strangle them. Lucas grabbed me and held me in his arms. "I will hurt you." I glared at him.

Farkle spoke up. "Gentlemen, you're making assumptions, and my current assignment is to consider how assumptions lead to our ultimate downfall. So let's not judge a book by it's cover."

"Looks like a book about baseball and criminal." Ugly Yellow sweater said.

I growled again, "it will be about a criminal if you keep talking."

"Lucas and Andy are my friends. Welcome to the team Lucas." Farkle turned to me, "Andy, I love you. But you scare all of us." Lucas looked at me and smirked.