❁ring power

Hey guys! I'm so so sorry it took so long to update. I've been super busy with school because of exams and finals. Anyway, thank you so much for all of your feed back!! Don't worry. Abby won't die....

//

Today was Maya's birthday. Riley and I bought friendship rings for all three of us. I wanted to tell her that it should only be her and Maya with a ring, but she was so set on getting three.

I wanted to do something special for Maya. Her birthdays were always... Not that great. Because of her mom. I knew her was trying. I knew she had a reason to do the things she does. I liked her. Maya was lucky to have her as a mom.

*Riley's bedroom*

Riley and I wrapped Maya's present. I looked at Riley, "we should put this into a box and then another and another."

Riley grinned. "I like your thinking peaches."

"Aw. Thank you Bug." I smiled at her.

After we wrapped the gift, we sat down at the bay window. Maya came in though the window.

I grinned at Maya ad Riley handed her her gift. "Happy 14, Maya! How's 14?" I was a couple months older than Maya. I will be turning 15 soon enough. Maya opened the box and pulled out a slightly smaller box. She sighed and opened the box. There was another box. I loved this game.

"Tell me what it's like to be 14, but don't leave anything out." Riley said in excitement.

"So far it is a lot of work." Maya grumbled as she opened the last box.

Riley smiled. "Because you know I'll be there soon, and I want to know what I have to look forward to."

"You didn't ask me what it feels like to be 14." I pouted at Riley.

Maya looked at Riley. "Well, if you're like me, you can look forward to your mother forgetting your birthday."

"Oh, no she did not!" Riley and I exclaimed and went to climb out of the window.

Maya grabbed both of us from behind. "Where you goin', honey?"

Riley looked at Maya. "Must talk to your mom."

"Must not get involved." Maya mimicked her.

I tried climbing out the window again, but Maya kept her grip on me. "Maya, let go."

Maya let go and glared at me. "Andy."

I groaned and sat back down. Riley turned to Maya. "Why do you tell me these things if you don't expect me to fix them?"

"When you're 14, you'll understand." Maya told her.

I raised my hand, "um I'm 14 and I do not understand. How could your mother forget your birthday, Maya?"

Maya sighed. "I've stopped trying to figure it out. She was already gone when I woke up this morning. She probably just took an early shift at the diner."

"Rather than be there for your birthday?" Riley questioned. "Uh-uh."

Maya finally opened her present and she smiled at the rings, "a friendship ring."

Riley nodded. "Yeah."

"Three of them." Maya grinned.

Riley smiled widely. "Yeah!"

"In case I lose one." Maya said.

I frowned at her. "No."

Maya looked at us. "Well, anybody else would have just gotten me one."