Chapter 48: Of All Days

Top was walking back from Daesung's apartment to the parking lot where he left his car

It's been so long since the last time I visited Dae that I forgot how far that his apartment complex is.

As he was walking, the rain started falling on his head.

Aish! Why now?

He tried ignoring it, but then the rain got heavier. He looked around and saw lights coming out of a café.

It looks pretty empty. Screw it. I'll just go there until the rain stops.

He entered the café and took a seat next to the window. He looked at the dark and rainy streets

The rain calms me a lot...

His thoughts were interrupted when a waitress approached him and took his order. He waited for the coffee to cool down as he was still looking outside the window. He heard the bell above the door of the café ring and saw a girl walk inside. She was wearing a baseball hat and a mask, hut she caught Top's attention.

"Ms. Kim! The usual?" -The waitress asked and the girl nodded as she approached her. When she walked next to Top, they exchanged looks.

Those eyes... I've seen them before.

But the girl quickly looked away. He could see that she seemed just as surprised as he was when they looked at each other.

Maybe it's just a fan.

-Top shrugged the thought

"Oh no... Our coffee machine broke. Can you just wait for a few minutes until I fix it?" -Top heard the waitress asking the girl.

"Sure, no problem." -The girl said. As soon as he heard her voice, Top froze

There's no way...

The girl took off her mask and hat and Top could finally see her face.

Y-Yubin...

No! There's no way it's her. It looks nothing like her. Besides... what are the odds that of all the people in this world, she walked inside this café?

-Top tried convincing himself, but he still felt like he knew it was her. He decided to look away from her and look through the window again.

This makes me think of my days as an underground rapper... We lived in all kinds of places and we'd always move around. All that mattered to us was that we had a roof over our heads and that we were all together.

Often times, Yubin and I would go out together when it was pouring rain and just run around together. We'd laugh and live in that moment... and then, when we'd get back home, the others would scold us since, 70% of the time, we'd get sick.

-Top chuckled as he remembered those days.

"Tabi?"

Ahhh... It's like I can still hear her voice.

Wait.