XXXIX・Cold Feet [Pt.2]

Odell

As soon as I heard YN drove off somewhere, I came as fast as I could with Jarvis, Victor, my father, and YN's father. We all stood in the living room. I was pacing back and forth, trying to reach her but she kept sending me to voicemail.

"Did y'all get any calls from her?" I asked them all. They gave me a head shake. I sighed and gripped at my hair out of stress/frustration.

"You know what. We all split up and find her. Jarvis, Vic, Dad, Mr.YLN, you all go in one car and search for her. Mom, Mrs.YLN, Camille, Sarai, Marie, you all get in the other. If y'all find her, call me. We have exactly 3 hours. Let's go." I gave everyone their orders.

"Wait what if we don't find her though?" Jarvis asked rising up from the couch.

"God forbid, but I guess we won't have a wedding."

--

You were sitting in they least place expected: Cold Stone Ice Cream Shop.

You sighed before scooping up your favorite ice cream and putting it in your mouth. You seen Odell and the others calling you but you didn't bother to answer. They were all probably cursing you right now.

A guy came over and sat in front of you. You slowly looked up from your ice cream and at the guy.

"You must be a runaway bride." He assumed, which was correct.

"How did you know?"

He stared you up and down then finally responded. "Wild guess."

You looked down and realized you were in your wedding dress. You playfully rolled your eyes and giggled. "I forgot I was in this."

"What's wrong? Why aren't you at your wedding?"

"I was nervous and I ran off." You looked down at your ice cream and started playing around in it with the spoon.

"Aww you got a case of the cold feet." He determined, "I know how you feel. I had cold feet on my wedding day also. I mean I didn't run off like you, but I had second thoughts."

"Well..how did you get over it?" You asked the random guy helplessly.

"I had to talk to my husband. He helped me get over it." He said with a smile. This other guy came over and wrapped his arm around him. Awwww.

"Thanks..." You trailed off, waiting for him to say his name.

"Jose."

You smiled, "Thanks Jose." You got up with your ice cream. You were leaving the ice cream shop and threw your ice cream cup on the way out.

--

Odell

I sat in the park with my head hung low. I lost all hope finding YN. I called everyone and they told me they still couldn't find her either. At this point, I just wanted to cancel this wedding off.

My phone started vibrating in my pocket. I grabbed it and seen the contact across the screen. It was YN. I immediately answered it.