XLIV・Growing Up

Jordan

I smiled at my 16 year old daughter Titan. She was going out on a date with her boyfriend she just started dating. My baby is growing up so fast.

"Do I look okay mom?" Titan asked while looking at her outfit in the mirror.

I got up from the end of her bed and nodded with a smile, "You look gorgeous honey."

She took a deep breath and smiled, "Thanks." I handed her, her purse and we went downstairs.

Odell walked out the kitchen and stopped in his tracks when he seen Titan. He looked at me with both his eyebrows knitted. Oh god.

"Where you going dressed like that?" He looked at Titan up and down.

She rolled her eyes and placed her purse on the counter, "I'm going out on a date with Isaiah."

Odell eyes widen. "Out?! Date?! Isaiah?!" He was walking towards Titan until I stepped in front of her and patted Odell chest, trying to calm him down.

"Odell baby calm down!"

He looked down at me, huffing and puffing like the big bad wolf, "Jordie, did you know about this?"

I nodded. "Yes I did Odell. Titan is 16. She's a sophomore. I believe it's time for her to date." I stated. He scrunched up his face and looked at me. He sorta resembled the Nick Young face.

"Why we ain't never have this conversation?"

"Because I knew you weren't going to approve of it!" I grabbed his hand and sat him down on the couch. He kept looking at Titan then shaking his head.

"I can't do this. My baby girl is growing up way too fast." He mumbled and looked down.

Titan walked over and sat next to Odell. She wrapped her arms around him and kissed his cheek.

"Daddy, no matter how old I get, I'll always be your baby girl." She said softly. He looked at her and smiled. They both pulled each other into a hug.

I smiled at the moment and sniffled. It was so cute.

5 minutes later, the doorbell rang. Odell stood up and made his way over to the door. He opened it and looked at Isaiah, who had some flowers in his hand.

"Who are you?" Odell suddenly made his voice deeper. I rolled my eyes at him. He's so stupid.

"My name is Isaiah, I'm here to pick up your daughter, Titan." He said politely.

Odell stared at Isaiah intensely. I could tell Isaiah was becoming uncomfortable.

"Odell!" I snapped, "Stop!"

He turned back and looked at me for a split second before turning back to Isaiah. Titan came downstairs and grabbed her purse. She walked over to Odell and Isaiah.

"Wow." Isaiah said, "You look beautiful Titan." He complimented and handed her the flowers.

"Thank you and thank you Isaiah." She giggled and hugged him. I walked over and stood next to Odell.

"I want her back here by 7:30." Odell said sternly but I hit his arm.

"Don't listen to him. 10 is your curfew Titan." I told them. They both nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. I don't want her back at 10:01, 10:15, or 10:30. I want her here at 10 o' clock on the dot." He looked at them both, "You understand me?"

"Yes sir." Isaiah said. He grabbed Titan's hand and they both walked to his car. Once they were in, he drove off.

Odell closed the door and went upstairs without saying anything to me. I followed him into the room and sat on the bed.

"Odell what's your problem?" I asked him.

"I'm mad cause you ain't tell me Titan had a boyfriend." He answered and took off his shirt.

"Odell, the only reason I didn't tell you cause I knew you would've freaked out! I mean, look at the way you reacted when you seen her outfit!" I explained. He got in the bed and sat up against the headboard.

"So what? I'm her father, I deserve to know everything that's going on in Titan's life." He defended and started surfing through the channels on tv.

"You know what, you're right. I should've told you that she had a boyfriend. I'm sorry baby." I crawled over to my spot and scooted closer to Odell.

"It's alright ma." He forgave. I threw my leg over him and laid on his chest. He rubbed my back up and down and chuckled.

"Yeah, I kinda see why you ain't tell me. Fuck around with me, Titan wouldn't have a boyfriend till she's 40." I playfully hit his chest and laughed.

"I love your crazy ass." I smiled and kissed him.

He pulled away and smirked, "I love you too. We got about 3 in a half hours to ourselves. So you know what that means..." He pulled the covers over our heads and started kissing me.

--

This one was for @jordieee_24. I hope you liked it boo. Vote and comment guys :)